Health Hacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Health Hacks

Listened to a podcast about health hacks, boutique medicine, and demanding care based on early research data. Just wanted to get everyone’s opinions on this.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...=1000544301998

TLDR version: Talking about boutique medicine that provides care based on early research. He mentioned things like going to sauna and taking chocolate supplement capsules to try and reduce cardiovascular events, demanding for apoB testing in addition to lipid panel to know assess for cardiovascular risk and taking medication to reduce it, taking glucose tolerance test instead of just relying on conventional fasting glucose/hemoglobin A12 and preemptively getting treatment with Ozempic, and drinking water that has lithium to help with mental health, etc.
    Last edited by TheQuietOne; 12-08-2021, 08:53 AM.

Have a TLDR?

Comment

Originally posted by TheQuietOne View Post
      Listened to a podcast about health hacks, boutique medicine, and demanding care based on early research data. Just wanted to get everyone’s opinions on this.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...=1000544301998

TLDR version: Talking about boutique medicine that provides care based on early research. He mentioned things like going to sauna and taking chocolate supplement capsules to try and reduce cardiovascular events, demanding for apoB testing in addition to lipid panel to know assess for cardiovascular risk and taking medication to reduce it, taking glucose tolerance test instead of just relying on conventional fasting glucose/hemoglobin A12 and preemptively getting treatment with Ozempic, and drinking water that has lithium to help with mental health, etc.
      I like fasting and exercise. I'm cheap and these things are free.

Comment

My fav health hack: eat less & move more.

Comment

Originally posted by xraygoggles View Post
          My fav health hack: eat less & move more.
          Mine is eat more and move even morer.

Comment

What is this about drinking lithium water?

Comment

This sounds terrible. Just occasionally eat some plants and run around. It really is not that complex. Does not make it easy though...

Comment

Depends how much time and money and adverse effects you want to drop into things that mostly won't pan out.

Comment

The podcast gave me mixed feelings because the guy was basically touting doing things based on early research, and encouraging the listeners to seek these types of treatments. Apparently there are expensive ($100k+/yr) subscription based boutique medical services that provide for this. Reminds me of the time when vitamin D was touted as a cure-all.

Then again, it’s true that it takes time for research and promising treatments to be reflected into guidelines. Just wondering what others think. Would anyone ever consider join in on a potentially lucrative niche market?

Comment

I listened to the first 15 minutes on the way home. Honestly the guy sounds like an enormous d-bag so probably won’t listen to more. Too much “doctors are out of date and you need to demand they run these studies on you that the world class concierge doctors to the elite all run on their patients because they know way more than your doctor ” rather than acknowledging that good doctors tend to be cautious with new research and also know that insurance won’t cover all these tests and financial strain and anxiety from testing with questionable benefit also will put a strain on people’s health.

i do like my sauna though.

Comment

The podcast gave me mixed feelings because the guy was basically touting doing things based on early research, and encouraging the listeners to seek these types of treatments. Apparently there are expensive ($100k+/yr) subscription based boutique medical services that provide for this. Reminds me of the time when vitamin D was touted as a cure-all.

Then again, it’s true that it takes time for research and promising treatments to be reflected into guidelines. Just wondering what others think. Would anyone ever consider join in on a potentially lucrative niche market?
                      Is this just one big med spa advertisement?

Comment

Originally posted by CordMcNally View Post

Mine is eat more and move even morer.
                        Ah, I see you and my husband are on the same plan;-)

I've often joked about prozac in the drinking water but Lithium? Absolutely not. I kinda hate to even give it to the folks who really need the benefits it provides.

Comment

chocolate supplement capsules to try and reduce cardiovascular events
                          Imagine taking chocolate capsules instead of eating chocolate.

Comment

Originally posted by legobikes View Post

Imagine taking chocolate capsules instead of eating chocolate.
                            M&M's are a better value. Plain or peanut?

Comment

You guys don’t spend enough time in the surgeon’s lounge with Fox News. All we need is Relief Factor and Balance of Nature to live for centuries.

And we’ll be rich with all our money safely invested in precious metal IRAs.

Comment

Working...
                              X