Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(Warm?) Family Friendly Spring Break Destinations (2nd Week of March)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Warm?) Family Friendly Spring Break Destinations (2nd Week of March)

I haven't often traveled around school holidays in the past, but I'm planning a trip with my brother's family around their spring break the seconed week of March. We were looking at some place generally warm. We've done DisneyWorld in Orlando in the past, but looking to try something else. Two kids, 2nd and 4th grade, plus their parents and me, their uncle. The kids like to downhill ski but their mom doesn't so likely somewhere warm would be ideal. Last year, they went to San Antonio to a Marriott with a large waterpark; the water was heated but the air was reportedly slightly chilly and he spent the weeks prior to traveling worrying that it would be too cold to swim. That time of year seems to be quite hit or mis with many destinations.

What memorable spring break trips have you taken with kids that age? Great Smoky Mountains? Washington DC? How warm is San Diego that time of year?

MTV's Spring Break is usually good family fun.

Comment

Define warm.
      https://www.currentresults.com/Weath...ther-march.php
      High of 80 is about what you can "hope" for in the USA. Then play in the actually current weather. The point is March may be "beach weather" for the snow belt, but it is not summer weather anywhere.

Comment

South Florida, Hawaii, and (far) Southern California are about all you can count on for warm weather that time of year. The gulf coast of Florida is nice, and we have enjoyed the Ft. Myers area for quite a few years. The Everglades are really cool, if your kids are into airboat rides and alligators.

Comment

Mexico..

Comment

Originally posted by setsail26 View Post
            South Florida, Hawaii, and (far) Southern California are about all you can count on for warm weather that time of year. The gulf coast of Florida is nice, and we have enjoyed the Ft. Myers area for quite a few years. The Everglades are really cool, if your kids are into airboat rides and alligators.
            The water is Southern California is still freezing during spring break, so I’d avoid that.

Comment

Hawaii. Full stop.

Comment

Local trip? Whole pandemic thing might ruin it with a poorly timed quarantine.

Comment

I like warm spring break as well. We've done moab, St George/zion, San Diego and surrounding areas and we're trying palm springs this year I think. All trips with kids.

Comment

If beaches are ok: Florida, West Coast. Fort Myers, Sanibel ect...

Comment

Family friendly. The problem can be college spring breakers in the beach destinations. 24/7 party everywhere, including the beaches.
                      Ask me how I know!
                      Hawaii is the safest bet due to the travel expenses for a beach destination.

Comment

Hawaii does seem the safest best in terms of weather. I hadn't considered Palm Springs before but that definitely looks like a good idea. Maybe West coast of Florida.

One of my work partners is taking her family to Mexico.

Comment

Plenty of good things to do in San Diego / SoCal that time of year (zoo, Sea World, Legoland, drive up to Disneyland, etc.). However, the ocean will be cold.

If you’re looking to snorkel or swim in the ocean instead of the pool, consider Florida or Hawaii. If you do plan for Hawaii, look at the strict travel and vaccination or immunization verification requirements at travel.Hawaii.gov well in advance. Since everyone in your crew is 2nd grade or older, they likely are fully immunized. Still need to verify that through Hawaii’s travel website.

Comment

Hawaii has been hit by unusual storm. I met a person today who left it just the day before. The airport was closed and his friends who wanted to coma day or two late are stranded there.

Comment

Originally posted by Kamban View Post
                              Hawaii has been hit by unusual storm. I met a person today who left it just the day before. The airport was closed and his friends who wanted to coma day or two late are stranded there.
                              parts of the big island were actually under a blizzard warning

Comment

Working...
                              X