Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tim
    replied
    Anecdotally, compensation adjustments always lag inflation. By definition, it is a lagging adjustment, if at all. Playing catch up.
    Inflation benefits assets not compensation.

Leave a comment:

• JBME
    replied
    why limit this to physicians? inflation=paycut for everyone

Leave a comment:

• CordMcNally
    replied
    It's difficult to give those with high income inflation adjusted raises, especially physicians. There's always pressure to lower reimbursement and adjusting physician wages strictly on inflation can really wreck a budget.

Leave a comment:

• Dusn
    replied
    This has been happening for decades.

Leave a comment:

• Nysoz
    replied
    Congressional attempts to control Medicare physician spending through anti-inflationary policies and the future of Medicare payment updates under MACRA.

Leave a comment:

• Tangler
    replied
    ENT doc, Sorry for my ignorance, what is the conversion factor in the graph? ACS = American College of Surgeons?

Leave a comment:

• ENT Doc
    replied
    From the ACS:

Click image for larger version

Name:	B879E3F3-B1FB-4C01-8AF8-5ECF2E65C8DB.png
Views:	1532
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	304518

Leave a comment:

• Ekanive23
    started a topic Inflation=Physician Pay Cut

Inflation=Physician Pay Cut

Hello,
    just curious how many of y’all are getting raises to offset inflation? I haven’t heard of many people getting this, and cuts more likely than raises. They are giving us a raise because we lost a retirement vehicle snd was announced before inflation took off.

my concern is, COLA salary adjustments don’t happen and doctors as a whole are making less money because of stagnant wages during this time.

all the best,
    Eddie
Working...
X