Inflation=Physician Pay Cut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ekanive23 View Post

Proceduralists go to the VA to retire. I know very few that are worth their already meager salary.
    In my ophthalmology residency, the majority of our surgical training came from the VA. I think this is true of many ophtho departments.

Nearly all of the VA ophthalmologists who trained us were excellent surgeons and clinicians and most were not retirement age.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusn View Post

In my ophthalmology residency, the majority of our surgical training came from the VA. I think this is true of many ophtho departments.

Nearly all of the VA ophthalmologists who trained us were excellent surgeons and clinicians and most were not retirement age.
      Agree - my best procedural training came at the VA.

Comment

Originally posted by Ekanive23 View Post

Proceduralists go to the VA to retire. I know very few that are worth their already meager salary.
        Perhaps more of a function of no incentive to work hard. I agree that the VA is where surgeons go to die however most of them I know are good surgeons who just want to not really work anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusn View Post

Well it's like they say- if you've seen one va, you've seen one va. I think having a va associated with a university academic institution with a medical school and residency means you will have high quality attendings. At least that has been my experience! Our VA is very good and most of the attendings in anesthesia/surgery/derm- the higher paying specialties- work at both the va and the university. I think the quality of care for our patients is excellent.

Comment

Originally posted by gap55u View Post

primary care at the VA I worked at sucked — tons of phone/message based work, tons of narcotics, dysfunctional system, chronic follow ups only with no acute care done in clinic, surgical specialties that would review the chart and refuse to see the patient as they were not surgical candidates. And the pay was maybe 10% less for the same overall workload. Much happier — even if not overjoyed - in a more traditional setting.
            That's interesting. I was working in primary care doing mental health integration and our pcps were seeing 6-8 patients a day. Often had a resident too. And there was always an acute clinic for same day appointments. Seemed like a pretty good gig.

Comment

funny how medicare cut physician compensation by 2% and we're all supposed to cheer and be happy that it wasn't 9% or whatever it was supposed to be. then you see how much they INCREASED the facility fees and it's an absolute slap in the face to physicians.

everyone in my network got raises this year, EXCEPT the employed physicians.

Comment

I am surprised I have not heard more about the 2022 fee cuts, at least to Medicare. But a handful of my other insurances pay at Medicare rates, so 2022 is going to be an upsetting year.

Nothing has gone down in price. I (& many many of us) are being paid less. Sounds disjointed to me...
                $1 saved = >$1 earned. ✓

Comment

Originally posted by Cubicle View Post
                  I am surprised I have not heard more about the 2022 fee cuts, at least to Medicare. But a handful of my other insurances pay at Medicare rates, so 2022 is going to be an upsetting year.

Nothing has gone down in price. I (& many many of us) are being paid less. Sounds disjointed to me...
                  What, being called a “health care hero” and getting free donuts from Krispy Kreme 2 years ago wasn’t enough? You want a raise too? Come on man, now you’re just being selfish😉

Comment

Working...
                  X