This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hair Transplant

Help me out here, anyone have experience with these, either as a physician performing or as a patient?

I saw before/after pics of Elon Musk's hair and thought, that is certainly some vanity I would be willing to splurge on. My hairline crawling back a bit, not awful, but I would think you need a good base for a transplant before its too late. Hair plugs, lol, never thought Id be kicking the tires on them. Would love to hear thoughts/experiences from the crowd

Originally posted by 8arclay View Post
    Help me out here, anyone have experience with these, either as a physician performing or as a patient?

I saw before/after pics of Elon Musk's hair and thought, that is certainly some vanity I would be willing to splurge on. My hairline crawling back a bit, not awful, but I would think you need a good base for a transplant before its too late. Hair plugs, lol, never thought Id be kicking the tires on them. Would love to hear thoughts/experiences from the crowd
    I just embraced the fact that I’m a bald man. It is what it is. My wife doesn’t care.

Comment

I saw a video analysis where Elon probably underwent hair transplant twice for a total of $30k or so. He obviously went to top surgeons or whatever and still needs to be on medical therapy.

Mine is receding a bit and slight thinning at the crown. I just use the Costco Minoxidil for the crown and it seemed to help a bit. $20 for 6 month supply. Personally once it starts looking bad I'll just shave it off as I have no interest in spending that much and still maintaining medical therapy.

Comment

The alternative is shaved head with a beard, which I certainly dont object to, just not quite ready to accept it. Im in the denial stage

Comment

I have been balding since my mid twenties. But the past couple of years it accelerated. Last week I shaved my head. I wish I did it years ago. Super easy. It looks fine (at least to me) I am married and my wife likes it so that is all I care about. But boy does my head get cold! I am sure I will get used to it. Also a different feeling on the pillow that I am sure I will also get used to.

Any other shavers? Tips tricks??? I have used my regular razor with shaving cream but that was a hassle so I have been using an electric shaver which is easy but not as clean.

OP just embrace it!

Comment

I shave my head q3weeks zero level. My wife isn't a fan but has gotten used to it. I had a balding patient recently express offense(semi jokingly) that I would shave my head. Sorry, it's my hair. And yes, I compost it.

Comment

Lebron James has also had hairline work but like Musk he probably saw the best of the best.

Comment

have known 2 people who have had high end stuff done recently
                one is still in the recovery phase but looking good
                the one who is years out looks incredible, better head of hair than a lot of guys who never lost at all, you'd never guess it if you met him, i actually called BS when i was first told
                i think that kind of work starts at about $15k
                the technique has clearly come a long way since the old plugs shoved in every cm2

Comment

Originally posted by MPMD View Post
                  have known 2 people who have had high end stuff done recently
                  one is still in the recovery phase but looking good
                  the one who is years out looks incredible, better head of hair than a lot of guys who never lost at all, you'd never guess it if you met him, i actually called BS when i was first told
                  i think that kind of work starts at about $15k
                  the technique has clearly come a long way since the old plugs shoved in every cm2
                  Its not too expensive really and it can look pretty great. I have a receding hairline but overall pretty happy where I am really, but am always worried if you did that then it recedes behind you but Im probably old enough it wont matter now (obviously thats somewhat accounted for with technique).

Not sure who/if theyve had it as finasteride/propecia also works very well, but soon as you quit, doneso.

Comment

Our derm much prefers oral minoxidil to topical, which surprised me. Agree that you don’t get much, and certainly temporary with propecia

Comment

Originally posted by burritos View Post
                      I shave my head q3weeks zero level. My wife isn't a fan but has gotten used to it. I had a balding patient recently express offense(semi jokingly) that I would shave my head. Sorry, it's my hair. And yes, I compost it.
                      with all due respect . . .

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lQCVf7AnXNY

(language warning)
                      “. . . And the LORD spake, saying “First shalt thou take out the Holy 401k. Then shalt thou save to 20%, no more, no less. 20% shall be the number thou shalt save, and the number of the saving shall be 20%. 25% shalt thou not save, neither save thou 15%, excepting that thou then proceed to 20%. 30% is right out . . .””

Comment

Originally posted by Lordosis View Post
                        I have been balding since my mid twenties. But the past couple of years it accelerated. Last week I shaved my head. I wish I did it years ago. Super easy. It looks fine (at least to me) I am married and my wife likes it so that is all I care about. But boy does my head get cold! I am sure I will get used to it. Also a different feeling on the pillow that I am sure I will also get used to.

Any other shavers? Tips tricks??? I have used my regular razor with shaving cream but that was a hassle so I have been using an electric shaver which is easy but not as clean.

OP just embrace it!
                        I'm with you no way I'm trying to get plugs. Just embrace it. Haven't gone full shave yet but keep it short buzz.
                        I like the remington vacuum corded trimmer perfect pandemic buy
                        Also interested in close shave recs

Comment

Originally posted by gap55u View Post
                          Our derm much prefers oral minoxidil to topical, which surprised me. Agree that you don’t get much, and certainly temporary with propecia
                          I'm curious if this is to improve adherence to using the product. Topical minoxidil isn't exactly the easiest medication to use as instructed.

Comment

My hair is thick and healthy, but I always get jealous of the look of a bald guy rocking a beard.

Comment

Originally posted by Huggy View Post
                              My hair is thick and healthy, but I always get jealous of the look of a bald guy rocking a beard.
                              Not sure what is unhealthy about male pattern baldness or thin hair or lack of ability to grow a full beard! not defensive at all lol..

It does make shaving my face easier I must admit. Occasionally considered lazer hair removal for the patchy spots, not too sure how effective that is though

Comment

Working...
                              X