Opinions on Porsche Cayenne GTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://caredge.com/porsche/cayenne/maintenance
    Define backup, please. The cost per mile will be rather steep. Just be glad your “backup” isn’t waiting for repairs. Luxury has a cost . You will take a hit while the backup sits in the garage.
    Nice car. “Like new” will cost you if you figure the cost per hour driven as a backup.
    Your money. It is being sold for a reason.

Comment

@Dynamic Hip Screw: 911 Targa GTS is all I could find on website. With options 190K and still a ragtop. Is this what you're referring to?

Comment

Originally posted by G View Post
        I feel like I'm in some kind of alternate reality....

"I don't consider a cayenne [GTS, V8 453 HP] a real porsche"

"I'm concerned about the HP"

"I test drove a 911...and was unimpressed"

"S5...kids dispatched to car heaven."

I was being facetious. . .listing the HP of a prospective car seemed odd in a financially oriented blog.

Comment

@Tim: It's being sold for a reason worries me. I've never bought used. I would bring my mom's mechanic along to inspect. Yes $150-160K is a big hit with $20K over 10 years but it checks all the boxes. Backup means redundancy. I accept that. My 2005 Lexus SC430 w/85K miles would remain my daily driver.

Comment

I hope supply chains get sorted next year but hope is not a strategy.

Comment

How many vehicles do you own?

Comment

5 now since the Audi went to Valhalla in April.

Comment

Originally posted by PhotonsRGR8 View Post
                  @abds: LFA doesn't come in correct red and is a coupe not convertible. Also list is 375K= "exotic pricing".
                  Yes I was kidding. But they do come in red. https://www.classic.com/veh/2012-lexus-lfa-pzRMlPp/

Comment

I have a beautiful charcoal grey Cayenne GTS, and I love it. Tried the turbo but did not like the “rumble” feel to it. The GTS is quiet, rides great, and has given me no trouble whatsoever. And, it is powerful. I love coming up to an area that merges to one lane, finding a dude in a sports car beside me, and beating them to the single lane. I know it’s just a game but it makes me feel like a racer. As far as I know, I believe the Cayenne itself is Porsche’s number one seller (I’ll ask some guys in the local Porsche club). I’d 100% buy another GTS

Comment

Sorry, but this thread sounds like a group of spoiled high school kids. Oh, by the way, I’m the 66 year old that just flew by in the Tesla when you were fumbling with your Tiptronic because your dad never taught you how to shift a manual.

Comment

Originally posted by Auric goldfinger View Post
                        Sorry, but this thread sounds like a group of spoiled high school kids. Oh, by the way, I’m the 66 year old that just flew by in the Tesla when you were fumbling with your Tiptronic because your dad never taught you how to shift a manual.
                        Not sure what high school you went to, but strange to chastise manual drivers from a Tesla?

No particular expertise in Porsche but Cayenne wouldn't be my choice. For OP maybe what she wants. Weird thread take to jalopnik lol

Comment

Originally posted by abds View Post

Yes I was kidding. But they do come in red. https://www.classic.com/veh/2012-lexus-lfa-pzRMlPp/
                          Can’t believe the car market. They’re going for double to triple that now. That exhaust is heavenly, though.

Comment

190K for a car? Looks like I got into the wrong forum.

Is this still the same WCI forum that says buy an used $10K car and use it till it dies? The market must have really done well to upgrade to a $190K car.

Comment

Yeah the LFA was my dream car in medical school. Apparently they tuned the exhaust with Yamaha.

Kamban I think the car thing is a race to the bottom with some for whatever reason. People driving $10k cars while spending $1-2M on their dream house and $20-40k on vacations. I like the adage of saving 20% to pay your future self/retirement and spend the rest on whatever you want (preferably saving more but you have to enjoy life in your own way during the journey).

Comment

Originally posted by DynamicHipScrew View Post

Can’t believe the car market. They’re going for double to triple that now. That exhaust is heavenly, though.
                                I knew they were 400k a year ago and as I searched for red LFAs I see that now they’re selling for 7 figures! Crazy.

Comment

Working...
                                X