Opinions on Porsche Cayenne GTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions on Porsche Cayenne GTS

Low mileage 2005 Lexus hardtop convertible got crunched last week. They stopped making it in 2010. It is drivable but humiliating. Waiting for parts to ship to collision shop before I drop it off. Looking for backup vehicle. Found a low mileage 2021 Porsche Cayenne GTS V8, 453 HP. Does anyone have an opinion re: ride, pickup, maintenance expense?

i dont consider the cayenne a real porsche

Comment

I’m concerned about the HP you mentioned. Is there anything else available?

Comment

Originally posted by CBan01 View Post
        I’m concerned about the HP you mentioned. Is there anything else available?
        Why are you concerned about the horsepower?

Comment

I test drove a 911 a few years ago and was unimpressed. So I'm hoping it doesn't drive like a "real" Porsche. HP is how I gauge pick-up ie. 0-60 mph roughly 6 sec. My rolling embarrassment is a V8. I'm not interested in V6. I'm not interested in EV and when I've looked at V10 they're typically exotics with exotic maintenance costs and eye -poppingly expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by PhotonsRGR8 View Post
            I test drove a 911 a few years ago and was unimpressed. So I'm hoping it doesn't drive like a "real" Porsche. HP is how I gauge pick-up ie. 0-60 mph roughly 6 sec. My rolling embarrassment is a V8. I'm not interested in V6. I'm not interested in EV and when I've looked at V10 they're typically exotics with exotic maintenance costs and eye -poppingly expensive.
            How so? That is an extremely hot take for a 911 and not one frequently held.

A cayenne gts is a very interesting backup vehicle!

Comment

You want torque. Torque gets you going and horsepower keeps you going.

Comment

My criteria for back up car is large engine and correct red to match my lipstick. Also in terms of functionality it would be nice to have an SUV. My disabled Lexus already meets convertible criteria and after rehab will still be my daily driver. For a few days I drove my spouse's backup vehicle but he only drives XL SUV and big [email protected]@ diesel pickup. He had a reasonably sized Audi S5 V8 but in April one of the kids dispatched that to car heaven. (total write off)

The 911 was super noisy with abortifacient ride and rag top. But a good red.

Comment

I feel like I'm in some kind of alternate reality....

"I don't consider a cayenne [GTS, V8 453 HP] a real porsche"

"I'm concerned about the HP"

"I test drove a 911...and was unimpressed"

"S5...kids dispatched to car heaven."

Comment

The ride is fine.
                    The pickup is fine; recall it is an SUV.
                    Maintenance costs...it is a Porsche.... I take it that you are not buying from the dealer, because if you asked that question to them, they would not sell you the car.

Comment

My criteria for back up car is large engine and correct red to match my lipstick. Also in terms of functionality it would be nice to have an SUV. My disabled Lexus already meets convertible criteria and after rehab will still be my daily driver. For a few days I drove my spouse's backup vehicle but he only drives XL SUV and big [email protected]@ diesel pickup. He had a reasonably sized Audi S5 V8 but in April one of the kids dispatched that to car heaven. (total write off)

The 911 was super noisy with abortifacient ride and rag top. But a good red.
                      What "big [email protected]@" diesel pickup", out of curiosity? Does he like it?

Comment

Obvious answer is to just upgrade the wrecked Lexus to an LFA.

Comment

Originally posted by abds View Post
                          Obvious answer is to just upgrade the wrecked Lexus to an LFA.
                          This.

Or may I suggest the GT2 RS.

Comment

LOL "They wouldn't sell you the car". 2016 Chevy Silverado 2500 diesel High Country for towing and hauling with almost no miles 11K. He likes it a lot because it tows his other toys. SUV is 2020 Lexus LX570 with very few miles 15K. On Autotrader there's a 2021 Cayenne GTS Red in Tampa with very low miles at a dealer. I'll test it next month over Christmas.

Comment

@abds: LFA doesn't come in correct red and is a coupe not convertible. Also list is 375K= "exotic pricing".

Comment

Working...
                              X