8/21 Total Solar Eclipse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8/21 Total Solar Eclipse

Is anyone planning on watching the eclipse on 8/21?

WashPo has a nice write up with some cool graphics and information about this, and previous eclipses. Nasa's main site here, some high res state maps here, with a great Google map overlay here so you can see where you'll be:

Enjoy the show!

I'll be in a 65% zone that day and look forward to it, bummed I have to be at this place instead of at a 100% location.

Comment

i live in a 90% spot, but i figure its a great excuse to take a day off.  so we are taking kids out of school and traveling few hours to be at a 100%  site.  when we started looking , i was blown away how many big events were planned and how sold out all the hotels around the 100% line were.

Comment

Yeah, stumbled across this while at DC over the 4th.  Bummer that kids in summer camp already o/w we'd travel to it.  Next total is in 2024 so gotta set reminder for that event

Comment

Live in a 100% eclipse area. I get 2 min total time.

If I want Io see the max 2 min 30 second eclipse, I can go to a friend's house 30 minutes away

Comment

I think I'll be in a 90-100% spot.

We've got extra beds and a full bathroom/shower in the basement if anyone wants to pay me several hundred dollars to spend the night.  I'll give a discount to whomever uses the trundle bed in my 3-year old's room.
            An alt-brown look at medicine, money, faith, & family
            www.RogueDadMD.com

Comment

Day trip to Nashville for me!

Comment

Think it will affect the markets? Should I sell solar? Lol

Comment

100% site 20 minutes away from me!

I think I’ll be in a 90-100% spot.

We’ve got extra beds and a full bathroom/shower in the basement if anyone wants to pay me several hundred dollars to spend the night.  I’ll give a discount to whomever uses the trundle bed in my 3-year old’s room.

Did you know that if you rent out your house for < 15 days in a year, you don't owe any taxes on the income? Go for it!
                  Working to protect good doctors from bad advisors. Fox & Co CPAs, Fox & Co Wealth Mgmt. 270-247-6087

Comment

We have a couple of campsites at Standing Indian Campground on the Appalachian Trail in North Carolina. Taking a bunch of teens who I'll try to get to hike up Albert Mtn that morning to experience it.

Comment

I'm free that day and hope to drive several hours to see it, as there're no hotel rooms anywhere.  So I may watch it in a parking lot and drive home.

I can't believe what a big thing it is though;  the traffic may limit my options.

Comment

We're in a 95% zone but my husband is going to take my older son up to Idaho for the weekend with our friends to camp out and catch the full thing. He'll miss the first day of school, but I figure it's worth it. I don't want to drive 4 hours with a baby that will probably scream the whole way, for the extra 5%. But I admit I'm sad to miss out on the experience!

Comment

Going to take a couple days and head to Carbondale, IL.  Looks like a good area as far as chance of cloud cover.  We'll be centerline at home for the 2024 eclipse so hopefully will have clear skies for at least one of them.

Comment

Should have planned accordingly to go stay with my family in Nashville for the day. Alas, we will catch some of it in Northern Cali but nothing like Nashville.

Comment

We are driving down to Grand Island, NE for the day to watch it. And I thought I was the only nerd.......

Comment

Working...
                              X