Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is wearing sleeveless shirt in public for a male a faux pas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is wearing sleeveless shirt in public for a male a faux pas?

Is it the the equivalent of wearing a bikini top for a female?

beach: no
    gym: no
    grocery store: no
    funeral: yeah probably

make sure you have the arms for it and a level of personal grooming that will make your sartorial expression a pleasant experience for all.

Comment

define public

Comment

It probably depends on how muscular your arms are. If you are like the "rock" or something, it looks pretty natural. If you are skinny or flabby, people will probably be talking behind your back.

Comment

It certainly evokes a lot of stereotypes, but you do you buddy!

Comment

Are you cutting the sleeves off your shirts?

Comment

What the

Comment

Originally posted by Lordosis View Post
                Are you cutting the sleeves off your shirts?
                Yeah I think if you do it tastefully with a nice tie it can totally work.

Comment

Neither sleeveless shirts nor using the term faux pas are acceptable for males.

Comment

gotta go for the deep shirt cut or go home.

camaro optional.
                    “. . . And the LORD spake, saying “First shalt thou take out the Holy 401k. Then shalt thou save to 20%, no more, no less. 20% shall be the number thou shalt save, and the number of the saving shall be 20%. 25% shalt thou not save, neither save thou 15%, excepting that thou then proceed to 20%. 30% is right out . . .””

Comment

Oh hey there, didn’t know you bought a ticket to the guns show.

Comment

I have a buddy who, half-jokingly, often says, "Sun's out, guns out". However, he more or less adheres to this in appropriate situations like exercising (obviously), running errands, going to beach, etc.. He does have the arms to pull it of, but he works out like it's his job, so it's not too surprising and he seems to pull it off just fine.

Comment

I wear sleeveless to work when I bike as to reduce axillary perspiration. Switch into scrubs at work and then back to sleeveless when I go home. It could be just me reading into things, but when I bump into staff on the way out when I'm leaving they seem startled. Kind of how I would react if I had unexpectedly bumped into staff with a bikini top(not that there is anything wrong with that). The reactions seem less, but I still encounter the startled look if I'm with new or staff that I don't normally work with. Now I'm feeling self conscious. I don't want to be the weirdo that thinks wearing speedos is fine.

Comment

It depends on the person. Some can get away with it and some can’t. If people seem ‘startled’ then you should probably wear sleeves.

Comment

Originally posted by burritos View Post
                              I wear sleeveless to work when I bike as to reduce axillary perspiration. Switch into scrubs at work and then back to sleeveless when I go home. It could be just me reading into things, but when I bump into staff on the way out when I'm leaving they seem startled. Kind of how I would react if I had unexpectedly bumped into staff with a bikini top(not that there is anything wrong with that). The reactions seem less, but I still encounter the startled look if I'm with new or staff that I don't normally work with. Now I'm feeling self conscious. I don't want to be the weirdo that thinks wearing speedos is fine.
                              100% would not wear muscle shirt in to work. Arm fitness irrelevant. Pit sweating in a short sleeved shirt not an issue if changing out of out. If you're at the gym or something different story

Comment

Working...
                              X