Star Wars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by abds View Post

I haven’t but now that I’ve read about how bad it is I’m going to.
    You’ve been warned.

Comment

Originally posted by abds View Post

I haven’t but now that I’ve read about how bad it is I’m going to.
      may the Schwartz be with you.
      “. . . And the LORD spake, saying “First shalt thou take out the Holy 401k. Then shalt thou save to 20%, no more, no less. 20% shall be the number thou shalt save, and the number of the saving shall be 20%. 25% shalt thou not save, neither save thou 15%, excepting that thou then proceed to 20%. 30% is right out . . .””

Comment

Originally posted by ENT Doc View Post

Apparently you haven’t seen Battlefield Earth.
        Ok, but what about Manos: Hands of Fate? Truly a classic. Best seen at 2 am in a college dorm while drunk as a skunk.

Comment

Originally posted by MPMD View Post

there's a great wiki article about how many critics consider that to be the worst movie ever made
          Not by any stretch. And not even the worst sci-fi movie. Plan 9 from Outer space is much worse.

And Battlefield Earth gets 3 on rotten tomatoes. There are many movies that get Zero.

Comment

Star trek 1 might be the most disappointing sci Fi movie. You would expect it to be good but it was just hot garbage.

But the worst thing I ever saw was the star wars Christmas special. Come on half of it was in wookie!

Comment

As a Star Trek junkie -- The Motion Picture was headache inducing. Space Odyssey without any suspense. Just the Enterprise moving screen right to screen left and occasional arcade game level special effects.

Yes, Battlefield Earth stank it up. Hopefully Dune will meet my expectations.

Comment

Originally posted by StarTrekDoc View Post
                As a Star Trek junkie -- The Motion Picture was headache inducing. Space Odyssey without any suspense. Just the Enterprise moving screen right to screen left and occasional arcade game level special effects.

Yes, Battlefield Earth stank it up. Hopefully Dune will meet my expectations.
                First time they made dune it blowed

Comment

Originally posted by Lordosis View Post
                  Star trek 1 might be the most disappointing sci Fi movie. You would expect it to be good but it was just hot garbage.

But the worst thing I ever saw was the star wars Christmas special. Come on half of it was in wookie!
                  That dumpster fire rivals Battlefield Earth for worst ever.

Comment

I guess I really have to watch this battlefield earth. It must be pretty awful

Comment

Also take the time to watch Troll 2 and it’s humorous related documentary Best Worst Movie.

Comment

It may be so bad that it is a good cult movie,

Comment

Ordered the theatrical widescreen DVDs from eBay last night. Will report back with my findings.
                          This is the way.

Comment

Also take the time to watch Troll 2 and it’s humorous related documentary Best Worst Movie.
                            I've watched this many times. It doesn't even have trolls, the villains are goblins! Everything about this movie is terrible. And it's still more entertaining and with better acting than SW episode 2.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerjw12 View Post

I've watched this many times. It doesn't even have trolls, the villains are goblins! Everything about this movie is terrible. And it's still more entertaining and with better acting than SW episode 2.
                              Watch the documentary if you haven’t. It’s pretty funny.

Comment

Reporting back. So far so good. A little grainy in terms of what we’re used to these days but acceptable because hey that’s the original! Han shoots (first). I don’t even see Greedo shoot at all which makes the modification even more lame. Only critique so far (and this may be a function of my questionable flat screen TV quality) is that the presentation is widescreen but the only way to fit it to my widescreen tv is to “zoom” it, which makes subtitles partially cut off when there’s a second line displayed.

Comment

Working...
                                X