X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    VentAlarm

• VentAlarm
    replied
    Gym shorts or khaki shorts and tee shirts, most days. All of my shirts are dry-wick because I’m a sweaty dude. Most of my t-shirts are Patagonia - they’re reasonably priced, hold up and I like the weight and cut. If I’m feeling fancy, I put on a polo, again, dry wick. I have “nice” clothes that I never wear except maybe once a month on date with my wife.

I usually buy the dry wicking tee shirts when they’re on sale for $20-30 (usually sell for 45-60) and polos when on sale for 30-45 (usually 50-100) - usually just check the sale aisle at REI or a similar local store. I (or more often, my wife) will buy me a pair or two of gym shorts every year at TJ Maxx or Nordstrom Rack or something.

Shoes - summer: Birkenstock’s. Winter - Blundstone boots. Olukais in the hospital. I do wear nice socks. I like the swift wick and bonobos.

I buy nice running shoes and have starting buying full price (gasp) running apparel as I’ve been increasing my distances and getting a little more serious about it. I usually buy last seasons Brooks.

Leave a comment:

• burritos
    replied
    I've worn residency scrubs from 1999. But this year the company got us FIGS. Patients have even commented on the FIGS. So from the basement to the Penthouse overnight.

Leave a comment:

• afan
    replied
    Thrift shop and ebay, almost everything I wear. Good condition, just inexpensive. Modest, nondescript, muted colors and patterns, if any at all. I pay no attention to fashion.

Leave a comment:

• Marko-ER

• Marko-ER
    replied
    Originally posted by Kamban View Post

I wear clean but unfashionable clothes, some of which are basic and some show age with some fraying on the ends.

As to clothes with holes, I can't afford it. Those jeans with holes and fraying and so d**n expensive compared to "holeless" ones ( my daughter states that they are worth it !!). Yesterday there was this girl sitting across me in the chair at an airport gate and I swear her jeans had more holes in it that it had cloth material It must have cost her a pretty penny.
    Ha ha, cannot agree more about how expensive the "holes" are. Emperor has not clothes, as one can say.

I am probably on par with the rest of this forum. Clean, professional but not over the top expensive brand-name stuff. Have a few brand name shirts and slacks but most of those are from Costco anyhow. I am also a big fan of Duluth Trading company, which is a common store here in the upper midwest with clothes that are comfy, look sharp and if you get them on sale/in the outlet store can be reasonably inexpensive.

Leave a comment:

• Kamban
    Physician

• Kamban
    replied
    Originally posted by Craigslist View Post
    Any of you guys normally dress with holes in your clothes, clothes from high school, stuff you'd get from thrift stores?

I wear clean but unfashionable clothes, some of which are basic and some show age with some fraying on the ends.

As to clothes with holes, I can't afford it. Those jeans with holes and fraying and so d**n expensive compared to "holeless" ones ( my daughter states that they are worth it !!). Yesterday there was this girl sitting across me in the chair at an airport gate and I swear her jeans had more holes in it that it had cloth material It must have cost her a pretty penny.

Leave a comment:

• ENT Doc
    Physician

• ENT Doc
    replied
    I wear shorts until it's unbearably cold, then jeans. Typically with some kind of sandals. And I have an array of t-shirts such as the one below. Juvenile? Perhaps. Awesome? Yes.

Click image for larger version

Name:	61MkMDY7w7L._AC_UL1050_.jpg
Views:	927
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	296383

Leave a comment:

• CordMcNally

• CordMcNally
    replied
    I'm a very basic dresser but I also don't look like I'm homeless.

Leave a comment:

• braindoc

• braindoc
    replied
    yes.

Leave a comment:

• FibroBlast
    Resident Periodontist

• FibroBlast
    replied
    I only wear scrubs...everywhere

Leave a comment:

• Craigslist

• Craigslist
    started a topic Dressing like a pauper

Dressing like a pauper

Any of you guys normally dress with holes in your clothes, clothes from high school, stuff you'd get from thrift stores?

I still giggle when people think im poor.
Working...
X