Dressing like a pauper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eyecandy View Post
    I don’t wear revealing clothes ever to work, way too many creepy old men and women. Funny younger folks won’t say anything, it was always the older crowd- worse in early my 30s and didn’t wear a white coat. Now I use my white coat to ‘hide’ my body. Because I very much dislike any patients commenting on how fit and trim I am. Gives me the creeps. Do patients say this to male doctors? I bet not so much. Sometimes it happens on the daily to female docs.
    Fitting username, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Kamban View Post

Those shoes are not expensive. They are on the upper end of what regular shoes would cost. I was impressed by blundestone since this has been made in Hobart Tasmania since the 1800's, a place I had a chance to visit. Absolutely charming town that very few people who go to Australia visit.

Anyway, one of the problems is that I have no idea what each style means and how it will fit in the appropriate work / leisure environment. What is classic vs Chelsea. By buying online you run into the problem of the costs of returning it and have to make do keeping something you quite don't love but don't want to go through the hassle/ cost of returning it. Do those blundestone waterproof do well with short hiking trails with a bit of streams / puddles.

Which Frye dress shoes look good to use in a doctor office. $200 at sale is not bad if these shoes / boots last 5+ years.
      To me, $200 seems like an obscene amount to spend on shoes. These are the Frye boots I bought.

https://www.thefryecompany.com/colle...2-81602-brandy

Got them on sale. Don’t wear them in the hospital, just on dates with my wife.

Haven’t taken my Blundstones in water yet, just bought them last year. They seem exceedingly well made, so I’d be surprised if they didn’t hold up with water. REI sells them and returns are easy.

Comment

Originally posted by CordMcNally View Post

Fitting username, I guess.
        Haha yeah I definitely wasn’t referring to myself w that username. More like a bad eye pun on things that I enjoy, visual candy—> art, natural outdoor beauty, and of course ophthalmology ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by VentAlarm View Post

To me, $200 seems like an obscene amount to spend on shoes.
          Disagree. I have some redwing boots I bought in 2007 still going strong. Had to resole once so far and change the laces. Not a bad investment

Comment

Originally posted by childay View Post

Disagree. I have some redwing boots I bought in 2007 still going strong. Had to resole once so far and change the laces. Not a bad investment
            You may be right, but that amount makes me have a pit in my stomach. I’m a youngest child and I always had hand me downs or second hand clothes.

Comment

Anne Ditto everything said

I don’t wear revealing clothes ever to work, way too many creepy old men and women. Funny younger folks won’t say anything, it was always the older crowd- worse in early my 30s and didn’t wear a white coat. Now I use my white coat to ‘hide’ my body. Because I very much dislike any patients commenting on how fit and trim I am. Gives me the creeps. Do patients say this to male doctors? I bet not so much. Sometimes it happens on the daily to female docs.
              Hopefully you didnt have anything like this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0neLDWfYWU

Comment

Originally posted by Turf Doc View Post

Hopefully you didnt have anything like this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0neLDWfYWU
                Haha “You smell good”! That is SO cringe worthy - he is so freaking uncomfortable!!

Comment

. Do patients say this to male doctors? I bet not so much. Sometimes it happens on the daily to female docs.
                  Yes. And as in your case, its typically those 20-40 years my senior

Comment

Originally posted by Craigslist View Post
                    Any of you guys normally dress with holes in your clothes, clothes from high school, stuff you'd get from thrift stores?

I still giggle when people think im poor.
                    YES ! I love it

Comment

I don’t really care what people think about me, and my dress probably reflects that. At home I’m a sweatpants (in fall/winter) and T-shirt, or gym shorts (spring/summer) and T-shirt kind of guy. If I have to go out for something, I’ll change into jeans or a “nicer” pair of shorts for things like going to the store or eating out. At finer dining places I’ll wear dress pants and a button up shirt or dress shirt.

For clinic I wear dress pants, button up long sleeve shirt, and tie.

I’ll wear t-shirts until they have holes and then they become my workout T-shirts.

I joined a country club so I spent some money buying golf shirts and shorts, but I think before that the last clothing I bought was a Goonies T-shirt for $5 I got at Old Navy. I get lots of clothes for Christmas from in-laws—T-shirts, hoodies, polo shirts, etc.

Comment

Working...
                      X