No announcement yet.

All I think about is money

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The goal is to think about money just enough to not have to "think about" money.

Comment

Hello, Lordosis. I have had the same thoughts after the start of the COVID-19 global pandemic crisis lockdown. Sometimes it went to the big overthinking, so I started acting. I searched for good sources to earn money. Hopefully, I found this article about winning money online on the wealth of geeks site. Right now, I'm also thinking about investing my money in cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin/Eth. My fear disappeared, so I'm pretty confident now in my future and the future of my family.
      Last edited by liorahearon; 03-01-2022, 05:48 AM.

Comment

Used to be excited when I moved money from my checking to my equity accounts. Now it’s just a mindless chore.I think a lot about piano these days. Funny, when I’m playing piano, I also think about cellular metabolism.

Comment

Originally posted by burritos View Post
          Used to be excited when I moved money from my checking to my equity accounts. Now it’s just a mindless chore.I think a lot about piano these days. Funny, when I’m playing piano, I also think about cellular metabolism.
          You may need to see someone about that…

Comment

Originally posted by VentAlarm View Post

You may need to see someone about that…
            Funny when I’m biking up a long hill, I dream of long chain fatty acids being transported to my skeletal muscles via LDL and albumin. How they get chopped up in my peroxisomes and then shuttled into my mitochondria. When the hill gets a little bit HIITier, I dream of muscular pyruvate overflow creating serum lactate and being shuttled to my liver(for the cori cycle) to make more glucose for the next HIIT event. I dream of FFA’s being churned into ketones in my liver. The glucose,lactate and ketones flood my brain like a tsunami of goodness. It gives me the happiness and cognitive thrust to dream of cell metabolism. Sometimes I have to turn off my podcast so it doesn’t distract this process. It’s all very circular.

Comment

You can always trade your time for more money. You cannot buy more time.

Comment

I was like this for the first 4-5 years after graduating from fellowship. I think a lot of it had to do with the fact that I had lots of irons in the fire, didn’t have much on autopilot, and wasn’t really seeing much result from my loan payoffs or investments.

Then I paid off some loans, got things consolidated/automated/simplified, and now I don’t think about it as much. I do admit to checking my investing accounts multiple times per week, but never act on that, except to figure out where to put new money or to see if it’s time to TLH. I also check my credit card accounts once a week or so just to make sure there isn’t anything fishy on there. My bank accounts I usually just check around payday to make sure the check cleared and that I have enough in my accounts to pay for any upcoming automatic withdrawals. But I also have some (at least) mild OCD.

Comment

I didn’t even know what the S&P returns per year were till 2019, (I think ). Life was still good . Need to get back there .

in 2007-9, was a resident .didn’t know market crash had happened till 2011, had TV , but just watched movies , no news .

Being ignorant can be a source of happiness .

Comment

Originally posted by uksho View Post
                    I didn’t even know what the S&P returns per year were till 2019, (I think ). Life was still good . Need to get back there .

in 2007-9, was a resident .didn’t know market crash had happened till 2011, had TV , but just watched movies , no news .

Being ignorant can be a source of happiness .
                    Sometimes I wonder if it would have been better to be a happy grasshopper and just hope the ants would catch me if I fall.

Too late now. We took the red pill.

Comment

Originally posted by PhysicianOnFIRE View Post
                      Starting a blog about money won't improve the situation.
                      For reals.

Of course, despite being a financial blogger, I spend very little time thinking about MY money. I spend a lot of time thinking about all of yours. I actually would probably go even longer than the once a month I look at the markets now if it wasn't for that darn monthly newsletter I send out.
                      Helping those who wear the white coat get a fair shake on Wall Street since 2011

Comment

Funny when I’m biking up a long hill, I dream of long chain fatty acids being transported to my skeletal muscles via LDL and albumin. How they get chopped up in my peroxisomes and then shuttled into my mitochondria. When the hill gets a little bit HIITier, I dream of muscular pyruvate overflow creating serum lactate and being shuttled to my liver(for the cori cycle) to make more glucose for the next HIIT event. I dream of FFA’s being churned into ketones in my liver. The glucose,lactate and ketones flood my brain like a tsunami of goodness. It gives me the happiness and cognitive thrust to dream of cell metabolism. Sometimes I have to turn off my podcast so it doesn’t distract this process. It’s all very circular.
                        https://youtube.com/shorts/VdR9YhkI_MQ?feature=share

Comment

Yeah. It bored me when I was in med school. And I was a biochem major at that. Guess the gestation period for this fine wine was 30 years.

Comment

What worked for me was to automate everything. Including all the bills, all the investing. And delegating the rest of miscellaneous financial matters to DW (she enjoys this). I just go to work and try to play when I’m not.. Check finances 1-2 times per year. On track 20 years into this, things are working well. This is definitely missionary style investing, not swinging for any fences.

I will need to take a more active role when drawdown hits.

but for some odd reason I keep reading up on this despite not really making any changes. I’m not sure why i do this…

Comment

When I’m biking up a long hill, I’m usually thinking about what type of tacos I’m going to eat when I get home.

Comment

Originally posted by HikingDO View Post

When I’m biking up a long hill, I’m usually thinking about what type of tacos I’m going to eat when I get home.
                                Tacos are good. So are burritos. Had a day off today and did 2000 ft of climbing today. Listened to a podcast about the South African Anglo Boer war and then the physics of black holes. Interesting shtuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X