Pokemon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lordosis View Post
    Who does this grading and what does it entail and cost approximately?
    PSA is probably the most popular. It isn’t cheap so you’ll need to pick and choose what you want graded carefully. There was a big boom in the sports card biz and I think they got pretty backed up but who knows how long the wait is now.

Comment

Originally posted by CordMcNally View Post

PSA is probably the most popular. It isn’t cheap so you’ll need to pick and choose what you want graded carefully. There was a big boom in the sports card biz and I think they got pretty backed up but who knows how long the wait is now.
      Wow I looked it up and if you have something actually worth money they are quite expensive. Basically you have to guess at the value and they will confirm it up to the level you pay for. So if you do not know what you are doing you could potentially have them grade a bunch of low level cards and rack up a huge bill.

Comment

Wow I looked it up and if you have something actually worth money they are quite expensive. Basically you have to guess at the value and they will confirm it up to the level you pay for. So if you do not know what you are doing you could potentially have them grade a bunch of low level cards and rack up a huge bill.
        Yep this is what I did. Use EBAY to google value of pokemon cards on seller market. But also remember if you estimate the card is low say $500 then you only pay the 75-100 grading fee. If they analyze and they say its worth $4000 they will just charge you the extra 100 grading fee. So id recommend low balling. On the flip side if you say your card is worth 500 and its worth 4000, usually PSA will just say its worth 500 like you think it is. Have a good friend whos sent in over 2 million worth of cards for grading over the years and he's figured the ins and out of how they grade.

For example, if he has a card that is borderline PSA 9/10, which is say a difference of 5k in price. He sends in 10 cards, pays 100 dollars for each card knowing 9 of them are garbage and 1 is great. So PSA bumps up his best card to PSA 10 and then his other cards are rated really low. (basically you have a human on the other side and when they see you spent 1k in grading fees they try to make sure you don't end up with $100 in cards (assuming your not ridiculous in your request).

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_Sparrow View Post

Yep this is what I did. Use EBAY to google value of pokemon cards on seller market. But also remember if you estimate the card is low say $500 then you only pay the 75-100 grading fee. If they analyze and they say its worth $4000 they will just charge you the extra 100 grading fee. So id recommend low balling. On the flip side if you say your card is worth 500 and its worth 4000, usually PSA will just say its worth 500 like you think it is. Have a good friend whos sent in over 2 million worth of cards for grading over the years and he's figured the ins and out of how they grade.

For example, if he has a card that is borderline PSA 9/10, which is say a difference of 5k in price. He sends in 10 cards, pays 100 dollars for each card knowing 9 of them are garbage and 1 is great. So PSA bumps up his best card to PSA 10 and then his other cards are rated really low. (basically you have a human on the other side and when they see you spent 1k in grading fees they try to make sure you don't end up with $100 in cards (assuming your not ridiculous in your request).
          Part of me wants to pick these things up and see they are obviously of no value so I can save the frustration of all of this. It sounds very time consuming and easy to mess up and waste a ton of money.

But it would be a cool story even if it is only a moderate amount of money.

Sounds like some of you guys know about this junk so I will continue to update as I acquire and examine these cards.

Comment

Pokemon
            Every time I see this thread title - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tqOgAIg0gA

Comment

Originally posted by legobikes View Post

Every time I see this thread title - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tqOgAIg0gA
              Well that was a fun 90 seconds.

If I appreciate that video will I get cancelled?

Comment

Well that was a fun 90 seconds.

If I appreciate that video will I get cancelled?
                Might as well bring your kids into the business and set them up with Roth accounts.
                Make money on the youtube video.
                https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...+pokemon+cards
                Go big !

Comment

What. Was. That.

Comment

Originally posted by VentAlarm View Post

What. Was. That.
                    Unfortunately, you can never unsee what’s been seen…

Comment

Originally posted by HikingDO View Post

Unfortunately, you can never unsee what’s been seen…
                      Yea. I just….I dunno. Something bad just happened to my brain. I feel violated.

Comment

That ws fun. :O)
                        Yet those who wait for the LORD Will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles, They will run and not get tired, They will walk and not become weary. -- Isaiah 40:31

Comment

Oh, have another.

Comment

At first glance I am not going to be a pokemon millionaire

THey are all from 1999. But only a handful of first editions. Looks like most are in the $20-100 range. There is about 200 cards so it may add up if I go through the hassle. Or if under closer inspection I find one worth more.

Comment

$20 is $20

Comment

Originally posted by Nysoz View Post
                                $20 is $20
                                True but I am less motivated to go through the hassle of selling them.

Comment

Working...
                                X