Iphone 13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iphone 13

Ok, I am surprised I didn’t see this here already but I’m planning to get the new iphone. Maybe I am crazy but my iphone Xs just isn’t cutting it. The face ID died about 9 months ago after an unfortunate washing machine incident and most recently I saw some amazing iphone 12 pictures of stars after a hiking trip. Anyone else going to splurge?

Should have a few pics attached. A bit jealous of the quality from an iphone 12. I do have a canon dslr but it was a long hike so weight kept me from taking it.

Whenever my kids accidentally break my current phone (iPhone 8?) I’ll get the one year old model. Maybe I’m just getting old and grumpy with tech but I just don’t see that big of a difference between updated versions anymore.

Comment

My wife and I went from iPhone 6 to iPhone 12 since we’d had our phones for like 5 years and were running into issues mainly from age. The 12 was a nice upgrade but we really don’t take advantage of the technology and the 13 doesn’t seem that much different to me. So I guess that would put us in line for the iPhone 18 when that comes out.

Comment

I do an upgrade about every 3 years for phones. Mine is usually because the battery is failing. This time I did break a different feature. Most of the time I am lucky if my wife makes it two years on her phone. She's currently on track for a 3 year cycle! I don't blame or look down on those that find photography boring but I do personally find the new phones much more capable than even a few years ago. Some part of me still misses replaceable batteries on flip phones but I feel the new features are probably worthwhile despite the inconvenience. Before you think I just throw phones away I would mention that more than one time I have bought a new battery from ifixit and installed it before I passed a phone on.

Comment

I have the iPhone 8 right now. I’m planning to get the new iPhone 13, mostly because my battery sucks and the new iOS drains my battery. Also, the new camera should be great.

also, i also find it a little funny that every single medical assistant and tech at my clinic has a better phone than me.

Comment

I had a Motorola Android phone for 5 years until I took a dive on a pool with it in my pocket. Very sad day. I got the Moto g two years ago and it is a wonderful cheap little phone. The camera kind of blows and I'm a little upset about that but my wife got the Google pixel and her's takes good photos.

What does the newest iPhone cost these days? I'm sure it will not make or break any financial plan but I cannot imagine paying four or five times what I paid for my phone.

Comment

Flip phone —> iPhone 3GS —> iPhone 7 —> flip phone?

Comment

My iPhone is a work tool that improves my efficiency. I used to upgrade every 2 years, but now it is every 3 years. So yes, tomorrow I will order a 13 pro to replace my XS.

I have noticed lately that the XS gets hung up briefly at times. It makes me wonder if Apple intentionally programs those hang ups into the phone when a new generation is announced.

Comment

I have a 12 so I will not upgrade for awhile. I plan to buy a new apple watch. My watch the 3 is having some battery issues. I will enjoy the ekg and o2 sensor. I use my watch more than my phone. I recently got the Apple credit card which is titanium with no numbers printed on it. Yeah apple.

Comment

Originally posted by Lordosis View Post
                    What does the newest iPhone cost these days? I'm sure it will not make or break any financial plan but I cannot imagine paying four or five times what I paid for my phone.
                    451 easy payments of $1.99.

Comment

Oh, my work gives me an 11 for call. I forget about it because it sits plugged in at my house. I asked for the monetary value instead since I just use my phone but they said no. I do not care for it. Apple is so cumbersome. Sorry Hatton

Comment

Originally posted by White.Beard.Doc View Post
                        My iPhone is a work tool that improves my efficiency. I used to upgrade every 2 years, but now it is every 3 years. So yes, tomorrow I will order a 13 pro to replace my XS.

I have noticed lately that the XS gets hung up briefly at times. It makes me wonder if Apple intentionally programs those hang ups into the phone when a new generation is announced.
                        If you care to, you should check the battery health. The battery is usually what results in poor performance, especially a 3 year old phone. If you replaced the battery it’d probably feel far snappier.

Comment

Originally posted by CordMcNally View Post
                          My wife and I went from iPhone 6 to iPhone 12 since we’d had our phones for like 5 years and were running into issues mainly from age. The 12 was a nice upgrade but we really don’t take advantage of the technology and the 13 doesn’t seem that much different to me. So I guess that would put us in line for the iPhone 18 when that comes out.
                          I went from the 6s to the 12. Aging battery and just wanting to upgrade after 6 years were the main drivers. Luckily, my brother-in-law is good friends with a guy who works at Verizon. He was selling his used 12 pro for what I was ready to pay for a new 11.

Comment

Originally posted by Lordosis View Post
                            Oh, my work gives me an 11 for call. I forget about it because it sits plugged in at my house. I asked for the monetary value instead since I just use my phone but they said no. I do not care for it. Apple is so cumbersome. Sorry Hatton
                            I did not want to the the first. Maybe I am a rebel with a cause. I had an iphone 4 for a few years but slowly I got disillusioned with Verizon for nickel and diming me on the unlimited data plan and Apple for keeping everything locked up and acting as if Father knows best. I could not add apps unless they were approved by the mighty Steve Jobs.

Then an opportunity came with T-Mobile unlimited everything plan for a low price and BOGO Samsung Galaxy8+ phones. I took it and have not looked back. I love the option of sideloading apk apps if I wanted to. Recently I had to upgrade to S21+ because both my daughter and wife broke their phones though mine was still fine in its military style case. But Samsung is getting pricey and the next time I might go for Moto or Xiaomi phone.

One advantage - when someone says I can face time you, I outwardly regretfully ( but inwardly happy) say _ I am so sorry, I don't have a iphone. Voice call would have to do.

Videocalls with jerky cameras and ceiling being streamed rather than the face, bore me.

Comment

Originally posted by Kamban View Post

I did not want to the the first. Maybe I am a rebel with a cause. I had an iphone 4 for a few years but slowly I got disillusioned with Verizon for nickel and diming me on the unlimited data plan and Apple for keeping everything locked up and acting as if Father knows best. I could not add apps unless they were approved by the mighty Steve Jobs.

Then an opportunity came with T-Mobile unlimited everything plan for a low price and BOGO Samsung Galaxy8+ phones. I took it and have not looked back. I love the option of sideloading apk apps if I wanted to. Recently I had to upgrade to S21+ because both my daughter and wife broke their phones though mine was still fine in its military style case. But Samsung is getting pricey and the next time I might go for Moto or Xiaomi phone.

One advantage - when someone says I can face time you, I outwardly regretfully ( but inwardly happy) say _ I am so sorry, I don't have a iphone. Voice call would have to do.

Videocalls with jerky cameras and ceiling being streamed rather than the face, bore me.
                              The moto is adequate but cheap! If they make a better version when I do upgrade I will be all about that. Still probably half to a third the cost of a IPhone. Really it is only the camera that bothers me otherwise it does everything I would want it to do.

My wife had the samsung. It was good but not great. She really likes the pixel and I could get on board with that if moto was not an option. Just stay 1-2 generations behind!

Comment

Working...
                              X