Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else super annoyed by medical device sales reps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had one that persistently came to our area every time I was to place a particular device. This went on a year or so (without any complications) until I finally asked the rep how much they were paid each time I place the device. Never saw them again.

Comment

Must be weird. I'm in peds and we get vaccine reps. They're not allowed to talk to me.

I see the ones for IM/FM hanging around the nurse's station with their clipboard or tablet or something. Seems awkward.

Comment

My joints implant rep is fantastic. Humble caring guy. We work very closely together multiple times per week.

I'm happy to see reps from services we use, implants on trauma and joints, home health care, bone Stim, injection reps etc. Gives me good insight on how their business is going, where we could improve, etc.

For example, my injection rep told me that how we order medications we weren't maxing rebate. We ordered 100/quarter and got a 10% discount. If we ordered 400 in January, we would get 30% discount. I went to admin and asked..they had no clue. So I saved the practice 5 figures with a simple change.

They also know to schedule a visit during lunc time on a full office visi
        ​​t, bring my staff lunch, and get to the point <5-10 mins of talking.

My implant reps swing by anytime. They've become good friends and it's fun chatting with them and telling them I'm about to switch to their competition.

Comment

Originally posted by ACN View Post
          My joints implant rep is fantastic. Humble caring guy. We work very closely together multiple times per week.

I'm happy to see reps from services we use, implants on trauma and joints, home health care, bone Stim, injection reps etc. Gives me good insight on how their business is going, where we could improve, etc.

For example, my injection rep told me that how we order medications we weren't maxing rebate. We ordered 100/quarter and got a 10% discount. If we ordered 400 in January, we would get 30% discount. I went to admin and asked..they had no clue. So I saved the practice 5 figures with a simple change.

They also know to schedule a visit during lunc time on a full office visi
          ​​t, bring my staff lunch, and get to the point <5-10 mins of talking.

My implant reps swing by anytime. They've become good friends and it's fun chatting with them and telling them I'm about to switch to their competition.
          Probably also helps you make both them and their company a metric crap ton of money per year.

Unrelated, stuff where the reps can actually help the doc is great and fine but lots of weird stuff in history with the sports game tickets or various other perks which is straight up scummy and a conflict of interest. Similar to all these CME scams which send you an Amazon gift card as part of it. Lot of docs benefitting from shady crap

Comment

Working...
          X