X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RheumMD
    replied
    Originally posted by Dewangski1 View Post
    Since you’re coming from a civic, try out a top trim Honda Pilot. I love the feel of the Pilot (on my second now) and came from a 15 year old civic. Will be cheaper than a Tesla.
    Thanks, I'll take a look. Took one for a test drive a while ago (we thought about a new car a year ago), and it just felt kind of big. Will circle back and take a second look.

Leave a comment:

• RheumMD
    replied
    Originally posted by CordMcNally View Post
    Since your statement is 'convince me a Model Y is a bad idea', I think you're coming into this with a heavy bias. Consider that Tesla is a technology company and not an an auto manufacturer. I believe they are usually last (by a long ways) on Consumer Reports on quality and problems.
    Sorry, didn't mean to phrase it like that. I meant that more in the sense of spending $50k on a car. I hate spending money on cars and usually keep them 10+ years. Just need something bigger that handles the bad winter weather, and with starting to look around $35-50k is about that range for most decent size SUVs that are within a few years old.

Leave a comment:

• Dewangski1
    replied
    Since you’re coming from a civic, try out a top trim Honda Pilot. I love the feel of the Pilot (on my second now) and came from a 15 year old civic. Will be cheaper than a Tesla.

Leave a comment:

• CordMcNally
    replied
    Since your statement is 'convince me a Model Y is a bad idea', I think you're coming into this with a heavy bias. Consider that Tesla is a technology company and not an an auto manufacturer. I believe they are usually last (by a long ways) on Consumer Reports on quality and problems.

Leave a comment:

• RheumMD
    started a topic Car Recommendations

Car Recommendations

Hey all, new attending just starting in private practice. I drive a 12 year old 2 door Honda Civic, and it no longer works with a 9 month old and another on the way. We need a bigger car and looking at SUVs (need AWD). Went and looked at Tesla yesterday, convince me a model Y is a bad idea. Married, combined income $375k. Student loans are $325k and in the process of refinancing. Thinking about 10-15 year refinance at 2.6%, which is less than price of inflation. Not in a huge rush to pay more than the minimum a few years until making partner money then can pay off quickly. Own house, $150k equity. No other consumer debt. Other car paid off and have probably 5 years left in it. Looking at Y with 3rd row, will be around $53k. Have $60k in the bank, would put maybe $25k down and keep payments around $500 a month. Have solar panels on the house, charging probably close to free. Dumb idea? Other car recommendations in the midsize SUV range? Used cars are awful right now as we all know.
Working...
X