Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Topic ideas for education session for practice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Topic ideas for education session for practice?

Hi all,

I am a newer physician with a large private practice group. From time to time docs give an “educational” talk regarding a topic, usually an interesting case presentation or atypical management situation (handling flight emergenices) so there a broad range of what we can do. I will be up for partnership soon and will present to 20-25 internists. What would be a good interesting topic idea to present on? I want to do something a bit different but still relevant to internal medicine, or broadly, the practice of medicine.

Workforce

Comment

I would present on a 35 point plan to eventually take over the entire practice and be the sole owner.

If you aren't comfortable with that then I would probably do something about growing the practice, working on efficiency, etc.

Comment

You could always give an update on Covid , I am sure this has not been discussed in a while

Comment

I realize I’m not in the qualified group, but that doesn’t usually stop me…

How about talking about the intrinsic benefits of building and maintaining great relationships with supporting team members? Of course, you’ll have to recognize that yourself in order to talk about it, assumption made. Interview team members for their feedback in advance - they may never have been asked. From what little I know, this is a very relevant and often overlooked area that has the potential to have huge ROT (not rule of thumb, return on time). I’m not talking about buying lunch for the staff, either. Talking about non-monetary efforts, which are much more difficult. Those with high income and little spare time (and I’ve definitely been guilty, as my hubs used to point out) tend to fall back on substituting dollars for building relationships.

Congratulations on sticking it out to partner status!
          Our passion is protecting clients and others from predatory advisors. Fox & Co CPAs, Fox & Co Wealth Mgmt. 270-247-6087

Comment

How about some aspect of personal finance?

Comment

Originally posted by Hatton View Post
              How about some aspect of personal finance?
              If you do that, I’d tread lightly. In fellowship, one of my cofellows gave an intro to personal finance. He said something about whole life being a fairly poor product and the head of a surgical subspecialty began explaining to him why it was a wonderful product. Those of us who were financially literate then had to awkwardly watch as he walked back his next several slides as it became very apparent this doc had a very large whole life policy but lacked the insight or financial wherewithal to understand how much money he had lost.

Comment

Not very interesting but your practice would make more money - review of 2021 changes in documentation and coding.

Comment

Working...
                X