Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I mentioned my patient was Republican as he said it not me. His political bent meant he was hearing more anti-science, anti-vaccine media (Fox News and Facebook echo chamber). political party matters in my state as there are laws and governors orders banning mask ordinance or requiring masks in school, banning certain kinds of vaccine outreach. On my panel, Black Americans have had the vaccine. It’s white evangelicals or conservatives who have been skeptical.

oh and someone asked his reasons - vaccine developed too fast, not enough data, it wasn’t fda approved. Knew a one in his circle who has large local reaction, another w fever to 101. Would Covid likely cause him serious disease (yes, 3 RF’s). He came in against vaccination but wanting my opinion.

I’ll keep hiring only vaccinated folks, and trying to convince patients.
    Last edited by gap55u; 07-16-2021, 09:19 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by HikingDO View Post

Unfortunately, I think some people only see others as Republicans or Democrats. Not sure how we’ve gotten to this point.
      Not to fan the flames, this classification has been adopted in virtually every phase of life, but not limited to fine print. Unwritten guidelines that are adopted and enforced seemingly out of nowhere. Plenty of controversial and some that are head scratchers.
      Book banning is a cousin of “misinformation” about vaccines. Dr. Seuss (some books) has been banned. Would you fire a nanny that insisted on reading Dr. Seuss to your children?
      A long list that evolves with unwritten rules that could be expanded to a litmus test. This is hopefully the least emotional example of restrictions being put into place. You can’t buy these books anymore. They must be dangerous.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tim View Post

Not to fan the flames, this classification has been adopted in virtually every phase of life, but not limited to fine print. Unwritten guidelines that are adopted and enforced seemingly out of nowhere. Plenty of controversial and some that are head scratchers.
        Book banning is a cousin of “misinformation” about vaccines. Dr. Seuss (some books) has been banned. Would you fire a nanny that insisted on reading Dr. Seuss to your children?
        A long list that evolves with unwritten rules that could be expanded to a litmus test. This is hopefully the least emotional example of restrictions being put into place. You can’t buy these books anymore. They must be dangerous.
        Great points. I perused this thread and it is shocking the degree of lack of critical thinking of modern physicians regarding this government response. It shows me, though I already knew, that most people are slaves to the system and social/emotional causes. The idea that wearing a cloth mask is anything but theater is laughable, that has been known for decades, actually. Yet we still argue about it on the internet, and ironically, among other things, it's the people who claim this buzzword "science" but can't bother to look up known studies for YEARS indicating that lockdowns and masks do nothing. But it's us normal critical thinkers who employ the real scientific method that are "political." LOL

Comment

• Tim how did a business decision by a business owner get spun as a ban? Businesses decide to retire products and unpopular business lines every day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shant View Post
            Tim how did a business decision by a business owner get spun as a ban? Businesses decide to retire products and unpopular business lines every day.
            What? It wasn’t a business decision. Several Books were discontinued by the woke for cultural insensitivity / racism.

books nobody had thought or cared about in years were all the sudden an existential threat to wokeness.

Comment

• Books nobody had thought or cared about in years were discontinued because the owner decided that they no longer wanted to publish them.

Comment

• the only exception i would have is that she had documented COVID. The jury is still out whether natural infection is "better" than vaccination but either have shown to be very effective. I wish we would talk more about "immunity" rather than vaccinated/unvaccinated. Both offer immunity period. No question to include the current variants. we actually may be seeing more "vaccinated and now with positive covid test people" than "prior infection (unvaccinated) now with positive covid tests" right now. clearly the unvaccinated/never had covid are a big problem right now.
                Last edited by bean1970; 07-17-2021, 09:15 AM.

Comment

• I do know some unvaccinated people who had COVID. Not sure what the best thing for them is. In view of bean 1970 and Jaquen's comments about COVID in the vaccinated population in Florida I plan to tell one of my friends who is going to Disneyworld next week that she better mask up.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/nikkimcr/status/...288736261?s=21

Watch until the end.

For the life of me I don’t understand where all the vaccine hesitancy come from. One example of many.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tim View Post

First, please try to limit your misinformation. You can still buy those books. The published decided to stop publication but the sale isn't banned. This is not being pedantic; you are mischaracterizing the situation to push an agenda.

If my child's nanny was reading books (to my child) that I deemed inappropriate for my children, I would ask the nanny to not do so. If the nanny was unwilling to abide by this, I would I find another nanny.

Comment

• Originally posted by ObgynMD View Post

I would liken it to not being comfortable keeping a nanny who decided to start smoking. Her body, her choice, but still not aligned with my values.

One can respect the individual but disagree if they are a good fit to help raise your kids.
                        This is not remotely similar.

My body my choice only works for things that dont present issues to other people, vaccinations on the other hand arent in that category.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zaphod View Post

This is not remotely similar.

My body my choice only works for things that dont present issues to other people, vaccinations on the other hand arent in that category.
                          Vaccinations are much more important. If I would fire my childcare provider for a smaller offense like smoking, I would definitely fire them for not getting vaccinated (flu vaccine included).

Comment

• Originally posted by MPMD View Post

as the resident progressive lefty regular, this provoked an actual LOL.

if you are judging the WCIF to be a bastion of liberal thought then i think you have badly miscalculated.

to the OP: my nanny got vaxed right away but if she hadn't she would have been dismissed. people are free to make their choices and i am free to exercise my rights as an employer. you were more than nice. she is responding to nonsense she reads on social media.

we must not dignify the anti-vax position, it is stupid and ignorant, full stop.
                            Literally none of it matters.

Stop talking to this person. Your take on vaccines and bs information should have nothing to do with your political leanings, politics are poisoning peoples brains.

The vaccine works and is far better than covid, no politics change this, if you cannot help but insert politics into your interpretation of this, you're the one with the problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by MPMD View Post

i know a grand total of 2 anti-vax doctors and i can confidently say that they are both deluded fools who i would not trust with a family member.

if you have taken care of covid patients as a doctor in any setting and conclude that these vaccines are a bad idea (especially for high risk people) you are wrong. it's not a matter of opinion, you are wrong.

there are people out there who will go to the mat with you and argue that the HIV virus doesn't cause AIDS. it's not some kind of valid alternate view of the world.
                              Exactly, its a no response, do not acknowledge position. All the people pretending its a debate are just suckers and we have wasted decades pretending it is anything other than ideological. The sooner we get that and treat it accordingly the better.

Comment

• Originally posted by bean1970 View Post
                                the only exception i would have is that she had documented COVID. The jury is still out whether natural infection is "better" than vaccination but either have shown to be very effective. I wish we would talk more about "immunity" rather than vaccinated/unvaccinated. Both offer immunity period. No question to include the current variants. we actually may be seeing more "vaccinated and now with positive covid test people" than "prior infection (unvaccinated) now with positive covid tests" right now. clearly the unvaccinated/never had covid are a big problem right now.
                                jury isnt out on this, vaccine provides far better all around immunity.

Comment

Working...
                                X