X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Anne View Post

Who is suggesting that it does?
    The op. Thus he gave the sitter an ultimatum...

Comment

• People keep talking about percentage needed for herd immunity but the problem with this is the vaccinated people are not evenly distributed within the herd of people. Even if you have 70-80% of adults vaccinated in any given city most of those adults are hanging out only with each other and the 20-30% unvaccinated are hanging out with each other. It’s not random, as the factors that make someone decide whether or not to get vaccinated also tend to align with other factors that make people want/not want to spend time together. So you can say the vaccination rate in a certain city is 70-80% but it’s still going to rip through the unvaccinated portion because within their “micro herd” the vaccination rate is much lower.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dontgetthejab View Post

The op. Thus he gave the sitter an ultimatum...
        No, he was not suggesting that being unvaccinated carries a 100%death sentence to those exposed to them. He was saying that he didn’t want an unvaccinated nanny for his children. Which is completely reasonable, for a variety of reasons. You don’t have to be a doctor to tell the difference between those statements.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dontgetthejab View Post
          My son 5, had in home therapy 20hrs per wk all through the pandemic with unvaccinated therapist (as vaxx was not available) . Mind you we had a newborn in feb 2020. Anyways, no one in my family nor any of the therapists had severe illnesses throughout that time. There was a 2-way symptom checker used daily before session began. Just saying being unvaccinated does not carry a 100%death sentence to those exposed to them
          If all parties are well behaving, sure. 20hrs same people is actually safer than most work situations.

Hyperbole on 100% death sentence. As we all should know, In medicine in most cases a 2% mortality rate is not a good number.

Comment

• I'm annoyed my hair cutter won't vaccinate- she's worried about side effects. She wears a mask religiously and makes her clients do so, too, and I like it because it's a private salon with no other clients/stylists. I live in a fairly low vax area, and no salon requires vaccination or mandates masks.

WWYD?

Comment

• Originally posted by Zaphod View Post

jury isnt out on this, vaccine provides far better all around immunity.
              Do you have some good articles on this specifically? I'm trying to research it and I haven't found evidence that is as strong as I thought it was.

Comment

• Originally posted by snowcanyon View Post
                I'm annoyed my hair cutter won't vaccinate- she's worried about side effects. She wears a mask religiously and makes her clients do so, too, and I like it because it's a private salon with no other clients/stylists. I live in a fairly low vax area, and no salon requires vaccination or mandates masks.

WWYD?
                Really depends on how you like your hair vs the risk of exposure. She wearing a n95 and you too? If true and both parties no symptoms you may want to consider that being fully vaccinated and exposure less than 15min. Anything less than that.....nope. pass. Home clippers. Offer to speak with her one on one as did OP.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brains428 View Post
                  Maybe HIPAA laws can be loosened and we can show radiographs, CTs,
                  I'm sure one of the radiologists around here know for sure, but how does HIPAA handle things like this where the patient is unidentifiable. What about photomicrographs of pathology slides? Is permission needed for that?

I have no idea if this would help for COVID, I'm actually interested in the answer to this question for reasons completely unrelated to COVID.

Comment

I'm annoyed my hair cutter won't vaccinate- she's worried about side effects. She wears a mask religiously and makes her clients do so, too, and I like it because it's a private salon with no other clients/stylists. I live in a fairly low vax area, and no salon requires vaccination or mandates masks.

WWYD?
                    It wouldn't bother me but my risk tolerance for this particular scenario is pretty high.

Comment

WWYD?
                      I wouldn’t let her cut my unvaccinated kids hair, but if I loved her and she was willing to properly wear a mask, because I’m vaccinated and masked, I would still go see her.

I don’t see that interaction much differently than taking care of a patient who isn’t vaccinated.

Comment

• Originally posted by ObgynMD View Post

I wouldn’t let her cut my unvaccinated kids hair, but if I loved her and she was willing to properly wear a mask, because I’m vaccinated and masked, I would still go see her.

I don’t see that interaction much differently than taking care of a patient who isn’t vaccinated.
                        Agree. If you are vaccinated you should be safe. Go back to living life.

The message that would/should help people get the vaccine is this:

“Get the shot = go back to normal life!”

We screwed up that message.

This message was not clear.

OP, live! You are vaccinated,

You are not likely to get seriously sick from hair cut.

She is insane.

She could get seriously sick.

She should get the vaccine.

Then she will be much safer.

Comment

• Originally posted by StarTrekDoc View Post

Really depends on how you like your hair vs the risk of exposure. She wearing a n95 and you too? If true and both parties no symptoms you may want to consider that being fully vaccinated and exposure less than 15min. Anything less than that.....nope. pass. Home clippers. Offer to speak with her one on one as did OP.
                          The stylist is at risk. She is very foolish.

He is not at high risk.

People who have been vaccinated don’t need an N95 for eternity. IMPO

If that is what you want, ok, free to do it but i’m not living life that way.

The point of the vaccine was to get back to normal life.

I know some things will be different forever but i’m not wearing an N95 for everyday life.

I don’t want people without masks near the unvaccinated or near the immunocompromised.

I am not antimask, but the point of the vaccine was to get on with life without fear.

Get on with it.

Another thought: do you want someone with sharp objects near your head who is insane? Different question.

Comment

• I am vaccinated. I am young and healthy. I am back to normal been it is just me. If I go to the store alone I only wear a mask if required for some reason. Wasn't that a major point of vaccination?

My kids on the other hand obviously are not and when I do things with them we take more caution. Not because I am afraid of major illness just because even a non covid cold would screw up daycare for us.

​​​​​​​It just seems redundant to keep up precautions after you are vaccinated. Like a couple who continues to use condoms after a vasectomy or mirena.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tangler View Post

The message that would/should help people get the vaccine is this:

“Get the shot = go back to normal life!”

We screwed up that message.

This message was not clear.

Who screwed up this message? Maybe it's because I have at least a small dose of common sense, but this logic is extremely obvious. We've been saying since January at least that the way to beat the virus is to get vaccinated. Logic dictates that if the virus is beat, normal life resumes.

As for the hair stylist who won't get vaccinated but wears a mask religiously, while obviously I think she should get vaccinated it seems to me that she's otherwise responsible and doing best practices according to the CDC prior to the vaccine being distributed. I'm pretty sure Robert Redfield (I think that's his name? the old CDC director) testified in front of congress and said masking up was pretty much the same as getting vaccinated. If that's true from this medical professional, then the hair stylist is being reasonable

Comment

• Originally posted by JBME View Post

Who screwed up this message? Maybe it's because I have at least a small dose of common sense, but this logic is extremely obvious. We've been saying since January at least that the way to beat the virus is to get vaccinated. Logic dictates that if the virus is beat, normal life resumes.

As for the hair stylist who won't get vaccinated but wears a mask religiously, while obviously I think she should get vaccinated it seems to me that she's otherwise responsible and doing best practices according to the CDC prior to the vaccine being distributed. I'm pretty sure Robert Redfield (I think that's his name? the old CDC director) testified in front of congress and said masking up was pretty much the same as getting vaccinated. If that's true from this medical professional, then the hair stylist is being reasonable
                                I'm not going to point fingers at individual people, but the message was a mess. Mirky message IMPO.

Why do I say this? Why was it not obvious? What evidence do I have for this?

Right here on this very forum a vaccinated doc is concerned about getting a hair cut from a person wearing a mask while he is wearing a mask.

Does that sound like clear messaging?

Clear message on billboards and on every TV channel and on facebook and on very radio and every podcast should have been:

VACCINE = FREEDOM! DO IT!

I did not get that.

The message many heard was:

"you still have to wear a mask after you are vaccinated and you can't be in large groups"

That was a disincentive for young healthy people to go out and get vaccinated.

I'm not interested in a debate.

Lets just disagree here. You think the message was obvious. I think the messaging was confusing and we lost the opportunity to provide a huge incentive. At best the message: Vaccine = Freedom was very delayed. At worst the message was mirky.

Comment

Working...
                                X