Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

framing diplomas

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • framing diplomas

    I haven't framed any dimplomas from undergrad to fellowship. They've all been sitting in respective folders over the years. Now that I've accumulated all the formal diplomas in my life, I've wondered if I should actually have them framed. Do any of the under 40 crowd have them framed an hung up anywhere? To anyone, where does one get them framed and what should I expect to spend? Prelim searches through my respective alma maters have shown them to be in the $200-$300 range, but I'm not sure if those prices are inflated.

    Also, what wood for the frame? Mahogany?


  • #2
    Wish I never framed them.

    Comment


    • #3
      I framed mine cheaply. I hung them up on my office wall. Along with all the other medical junk I accumulated over the years. My wife was happy to get it out of the house my favorite is a framed signed picture of Bones from star trek a buddy got me when I graduated. Also a copy of the NES game Dr. Mario. I much prefer those to my diplomas.

      I have no idea where my highschool one is. Hopefully my parents have it.

      Comment


      • #4
        ENT Doc Just a waste of money?

        Comment


        • #5
          Mine are all in a box somewhere.

          Comment


          • #6
            I paid framing company over a hundred dollars to frame my med school diploma before I realized how easy and cheap it was. All you have to do is measure your diploma, then type the dimensions into amazon and they will give you a bunch of options for picture frames.

            Comment


            • #7
              I took mine to hobby lobby and had stuff framed there. Always use a coupon!

              Comment


              • #8
                I prefer to frame all the one star reviews from patients who are pissed off that they were discharged too soon or tapered off of Xanax.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Lithium View Post
                  I prefer to frame all the one star reviews from patients who are pissed off that they were discharged too soon or tapered off of Xanax.
                  Gonna need more wall space

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Nysoz View Post
                    I took mine to hobby lobby and had stuff framed there. Always use a coupon!
                    Do you have an office to display them to patients? Or at your house? Or just thought it was the right thing to do because of all the hard work?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Mine are all framed and sitting in the original boxes. I'd like to put them up.. Wifey says no.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        My initial cheap frames were decades ago when our local Woolworth was going out of business and everything was on closing sale.

                        My last recerts are on an off the shelf Walmart / Hobby lobby / Amazon type of ready made frames. I usually put it in the waiting room and exam rooms.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Didn't frame any of mine. Even when I had an office to hang them.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Brains428 View Post
                            I haven't framed any dimplomas from undergrad to fellowship. They've all been sitting in respective folders over the years. Now that I've accumulated all the formal diplomas in my life, I've wondered if I should actually have them framed. Do any of the under 40 crowd have them framed an hung up anywhere? To anyone, where does one get them framed and what should I expect to spend? Prelim searches through my respective alma maters have shown them to be in the $200-$300 range, but I'm not sure if those prices are inflated.

                            Also, what wood for the frame? Mahogany?
                            I've had them framed because some offices wanted to do that, but I wont be doing it going forward. No one cares unless you're in a specific environment with specific patient types, and I dont know where/who'd that be, maybe boston or otherwise very school conscious places.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I framed them, but I could have lived without it. It just gives me something to hang up on the walls of my home office. Better than bare walls, I guess. Or having to come up with something else to put up on the walls. I don't derive a ton of value from better home decor, but it's non-zero.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X