Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the details of your "ideal life"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im waiting to hear from someone saying they love what they do (medicine), live dealing with patients and healing them. That they would die doing medicine and nothing else.

Comment

Originally posted by STATscans View Post
      Im waiting to hear from someone saying they love what they do (medicine), live dealing with patients and healing them. That they would die doing medicine and nothing else.
      Hopefully you aren't holding your breath. Some people do die doing medicine and I feel sorry for those bastards. My biggest fear is dying at the end of one of my shifts instead of at the beginning.

Comment

Wait no more.

I love doing what I do ( medicine), like to interact with patients and enjoy bantering with them and like to heal them if I can ( oncology). But just because the first sentence is true does not automatically mean that I have no life outside of medicine ( see my post earlier on this thread) or will die doing medicine ( but anything can happen).

I am sorry that that you don't like medicine or like to deal with patients or heal them. Luckily the majority of physicians like to practice medicine and help patients. They are not all into making money, achieving FI and to retire early.
        Last edited by Kamban; 06-10-2021, 08:02 PM.

Comment

My life's pretty ideal now, would like 12 weeks PTO instead of 8 but i work only 200 days per year and have time/make time for what matters to me: faith, reading for pleasure, learning, fitness, family. Get paid well for making a difference and if i died tomorrow i would die knowing my life mattered and i enjoyed the ride.

Comment

Originally posted by Kamban View Post

Wait no more.

I love doing what I do ( medicine), like to interact with patients and enjoy bantering with them and like to heal them if I can ( oncology). Buy just because the first sentence is true does not automatically mean that I have no life outside of medicine ( see my post earlier on this thread) or will die doing medicine ( but anything can happen).

I am sorry that that you don't like medicine or like to deal with patients or heal them. Luckily the majority of physicians like to practice medicine and help patients. They are not all into making money, achieving FI and to retire early.
            Never said I didnt like what i do. Only wish to work less hours/days. But almost impossible unless you want a telemedicine job in radiology. Half time usually for older rads. Partners only want call taking rads.

Comment

If it helps, I could name several clients who would say that. There really are happy doctors out there! I’d have to go over our list, but I would hazard a guess that most have their own practices/partnerships and/or a lot of control over their schedules for whatever reason.

One question we ask as we go through financial planning (not for CPA clients) is for them to rate their job satisfaction between 1 and 10. Most are at least 6, but we have plenty of 7,8,9’s and a couple of 10s.
              Our passion is protecting clients and others from predatory advisors. Fox & Co CPAs, Fox & Co Wealth Mgmt. 270-247-6087

Comment

Working...
              X