Pulmonary Lecture at a trial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pulmonary Lecture at a trial

If anyone hasn’t seen, watch Dr. Tobin testimony at the trial. It’s artwork.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5iTCuAyU28
    Last edited by Ekanive23; 04-08-2021, 06:55 PM.

Link? Or is this some kind of scavenger hunt?

Comment

He did an impressive job of explaining medical jargon to the lay public. I’d like to learn how to explain things as well to my patients, although I think I’d have to be a bit more abbreviated with my clinic volume.

Comment

Originally posted by CordMcNally View Post
        Link? Or is this some kind of scavenger hunt?
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5iTCuAyU28

ok I’m biased I trained at Loyola. This man is amazing to learn from. I’ve never had someone make things so complex seem easy.

cord, fast forward three minutes and this starts. I commute 1:15 and have listened to about 1/2 so far. It’s very good

Comment

Thanks for posting, very informative. I've only watched 30 minutes, but he makes it very clear.

Also notable, he is not collecting a fee for his expert testimony. I actually was discussing the question of wondering what fee Dr. Tobin charges with my husband (he has been expert witness once). I was thinking it would be high considering his expertise and considering the amount of time he would have reviewed the case. Then, he says he declined the fee.

Comment

I read he normally charges $500/hour

Comment

I fear this thread will get locked sooner rather later. That said, was the pulmonologist’s testimony consistent with the medical examiner’s report and the toxicology panel?

Comment

Originally posted by Hank View Post
                I fear this thread will get locked sooner rather later. That said, was the pulmonologist’s testimony consistent with the medical examiner’s report and the toxicology panel?
                he specifically addresses the issue of fentanyl which was one of the reasons they brought him to testify.

Comment

Originally posted by Hank View Post
                  It’s 3 hours long but I agree with him, don’t see too many fentanyl ODs with. GCS of 15 and a RR in 20s

Comment

Originally posted by Eye3md View Post
                    min surprised it’s that little. I’m also surprised he does this in the first place. Wasn’t really his style I thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Eye3md View Post
                      $500/hour is the absolute minimum I’ve heard of.

It’s a race to the bottom if you charge less than that. Unless you’re testifying pro Bono for someone who was truly wronged and you strongly sympathize with.

Comment

Originally posted by Ekanive23 View Post

min surprised it’s that little. I’m also surprised he does this in the first place. Wasn’t really his style I thought.
                        What's not his style? Charging the fee, not charging the fee, or testifying in criminal case? Other?

Comment

Originally posted by Dusn View Post

$500/hour is the absolute minimum I’ve heard of.

It’s a race to the bottom if you charge less than that. Unless you’re testifying pro Bono for someone who was truly wronged and you strongly sympathize with.
                          My thought was that he waived the fee to be free of being accused of conflict of interest. This is a sensitive case and depending on how it turns out, someone could potentially blame him. But if you are able to say that you didn't receive $, then maybe that wouldn't be able to be brought against him??

Comment

What was also interesting to me was the length of his career. He still seems to be very passionate after 46 years of medicine. I only know of 3 other docs still clinical in their 70s and enjoying it.

Comment

Originally posted by mamaham View Post

What's not his style? Charging the fee, not charging the fee, or testifying in criminal case? Other?

I wouldn’t have guessed he did cases at all. He loves his research and science so much. Hearing he’s done 50 cases shocked me.

Comment

Working...
                              X