Hatton1 grants an interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hatton1 grants an interview

Thought you all might appreciate frequent forum participant @Hatton1 in this Q&A with blogger Chief Mom Officer:

Six Figure, Breadwinning, Millionaire Moms – Hatton1

It was a good interview. Go check it out!

Comment

Hey thanks ej and POF.  I enjoyed the interview which was arranged by POF.  I meant to post about it yesterday but was sidetracked.  Liz at chief mom officer  has a really good post about the importance of an emergency fund.  Her husband was having laparoscopic surgery and ended up in septic shock.  He survived.  It is an interesting read because those of us in medicine don't really see the financial impact of an ICU/rehab stay.  He was only 31.  Also she is looking to interview other female millionaires/6 figure income people if anyone is interested.

Comment

Great job Hatton!  Looking forward to your blog!  Do you have an ETA on it yet?

Comment

No not really.  The back office part is intimidating to me.  If I totally retire I guess there would be time to figure that out.

Comment

Click to expand…

No not really.  The back office part is intimidating to me.  If I totally retire I guess there would be time to figure that out.

Let me know. I volunteer to guest post!

Comment

Our own hatton1 is famous! Thanks for the alert, PoF. I knew nothing about CMO before this and look forward to reading more.
              Working to protect good doctors from bad advisors. Fox & Co CPAs, Fox & Co Wealth Mgmt. 270-247-6087

Comment

Nice interview. Well done!

Comment

+1 for having a donkey. That's awesome.

Comment

Click to expand…

Click to expand…

Let me know. I volunteer to guest post!

I will certainly let you know.

Comment

Loved it, Hatton1.  Looks like a great website over there.

Comment

Hi all - Wanted to stop by and say thanks again to POF for putting us in touch, to and Hatton1 for the interview.

Hatton1, I noticed you mentioned my article on the importance of an emergency fund. I don't go into the medical specifics in the article, but since this forum is full of doctors, I thought you might want to know more of the medical side. My husband almost died five years ago from septic shock (abdominal sepsis) following a partial sigmoid colectomy, after which a staple came undone. He's had to have an emergency ilieostomy, an ileostomy reversal, and a total abdominal wall reconstruction (just a year ago after his entire abdominal wall essentially fell apart). If you're interested in reading the article you can find it here - Going Into Crisis Mode - When It All Goes To ************************.

I wrote about the experience because many people in their early 30's have a "it can't happen to me" attitude. Well, it can happen to you, and if you're not prepared, that crisis can derail your entire life. Fortunately, I had an emergency fund and an emergency plan so I was able to get us through it without needing to worry about the financial side.

Thanks again, and if there are any other moms out there who are interested in being interviewed please drop me a note at my site.

Comment

I encourage all to read the posting on chief mom officers site about her husband.  I figured he had a leak after bowel surgery.  The story does bring home the need for an emergency fund.  It also for docs brings home the need for adequate disability and practice overhead insurance if self-employed. Some things make you stronger and I suspect this experience is one of those things.  As a doctor I found it interesting to read the patient and family perspective during a critical illness.  This story is one of the best examples that I have ever read for the need for a cash cushion.

Comment

Very nice interview.  I think you did do the RE and just didn't know it had a label.  Working part time on what you enjoy when you no longer need to I think qualifies as FIRE for most.
                            An alt-brown look at medicine, money, faith, & family
                            www.RogueDadMD.com

Comment

Very nice interview.  I think you did do the RE and just didn’t know it had a label.  Working part time on what you enjoy when you no longer need to I think qualifies as FIRE for most.

Thanks rogue.. I plan to read your new blog post when I get home later today.

Comment

Working...
                              X