No announcement yet.

Daylight savings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thought of the ultimate DST hack- have grandparents/nanny’s/another safe adult sleep over Saturday night and Sunday night so you are not alone for two painful mornings.

Cash in the baby sitting coins for DST.

Comment

Count me in the “I want permanent DST” camp. I hate having no sunlight after work to run or play outside with the kids. I don’t really care about the later sunrise, we’re indoors and getting ready/going to work then anyways. Switching back in forth is stupid. Keep DST year round!

Comment

Originally posted by ObgynMD View Post
        Thought of the ultimate DST hack- have grandparents/nanny’s/another safe adult sleep over Saturday night and Sunday night so you are not alone for two painful mornings.

Cash in the baby sitting coins for DST.
        My wife and I have a long term deal going on where Saturday she gets up with the kids and Sunday I do. The other person gets to wake up at 8 and leisurely get ready and pretend they are a normal adult. I did not think about DST when I made this deal so last Sunday was a looooong morning.

Comment

Wow… I thought this was never going to change. I know this hasn’t made it to the President’s desk yet, but still, when something passes unanimously in the Senate that’s a pretty good sign:
          https://www.cnet.com/culture/senate-...ime-permanent/

Comment

Thank goodness they didn't go for the standard time suggestion, I was dreading that.

Comment

Originally posted by Shant View Post
              Thank goodness they didn't go for the standard time suggestion, I was dreading that.
              Disagree this week has sucked

Comment

Originally posted by Shant View Post
                This is good for southern states. Not so good for northern states

Comment

It’s about time.

Comment

Best news ever!

Comment

Savings during winter really does blow. Getting dark at 4 is hard enough. 3pm? That's tough for uppers and ne folk

Comment

Originally posted by StarTrekDoc View Post
                        Savings during winter really does blow. Getting dark at 4 is hard enough. 3pm? That's tough for uppers and ne folk
                        You got it backwards 😝

Comment

Originally posted by JBME View Post

This is good for southern states. Not so good for northern states
                          How so? I cannot get much further north and stay in the USA but I think this is amazing. The earliest it will get dark would be 5-530. Way better than coming home in the dark.

I would vote for super saving time and make it 2 hours!

Comment

Originally posted by Lordosis View Post

How so? I cannot get much further north and stay in the USA but I think this is amazing. The earliest it will get dark would be 5-530. Way better than coming home in the dark.

I would vote for super saving time and make it 2 hours!
                            I know you've got 4 kids. Not sure how they get to school. I get the appeal of it getting darker later in the winter. But this also means for the northern states it won't get lighter until later in the morning. Your in-the-dark evening commutes home simply shifted to in-the-dark morning commutes. My biggest concern is I've got 2 elementary kids who walk to the bus stop in the morning (and another one who will do this in 1.5 years). With the recent time change sunrise right now is 730 but it's getting earlier quicker which is great. Year-round DST means overwhelmingly most of the year kids will walk to the bus stop in the dark. That's by far my biggest concern. Bus comes at 7:11

Comment

I’ll believe it when I see it

Comment

Originally posted by JBME View Post

I know you've got 4 kids. Not sure how they get to school. I get the appeal of it getting darker later in the winter. But this also means for the northern states it won't get lighter until later in the morning. Your in-the-dark evening commutes home simply shifted to in-the-dark morning commutes. My biggest concern is I've got 2 elementary kids who walk to the bus stop in the morning (and another one who will do this in 1.5 years). With the recent time change sunrise right now is 730 but it's getting earlier quicker which is great. Year-round DST means overwhelmingly most of the year kids will walk to the bus stop in the dark. That's by far my biggest concern. Bus comes at 7:11
                                There’s research showing kids would benefit from later school start times. Hopefully school districts in places like Chicago, Detroit, and Seattle give that some consideration.

Comment

Working...
                                X