Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recommendations on a home rowing machine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by burritos View Post

Did my first 1000m. Any tips for a newbie? Or just press the just row button and go?
    congrats.
    its all about finding a comfortable form.
    then id focus on consistent stroke rate, split times.

then youll go faster!

Comment

Did my first 1000m. Any tips for a newbie? Or just press the just row button and go?
      Congrats!

Do yourself a favor and watch the Concept2 videos on rowing form and technique. Dark horse rowing videos on youtube are also pretty good. Spend some time now working on the basics. You will be less prone to injury and improve your times more rapidly.

I started on my Concept2 just over 3 years ago. I still row 5 days a week and have just passed 6 million meters. It's really a great machine.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchel674 View Post

Congrats!

Do yourself a favor and watch the Concept2 videos on rowing form and technique. Dark horse rowing videos on youtube are also pretty good. Spend some time now working on the basics. You will be less prone to injury and improve your times more rapidly.

I started on my Concept2 just over 3 years ago. I still row 5 days a week and have just passed 6 million meters. It's really a great machine.
        Wow! That's impressive.

Comment

Does rowing help with biking and climbing? I do a 1000m of rowing every night. Doesn't seem like a lot to me but I still have my right lateral epicondylitis.

Comment

Does rowing help with biking and climbing? I do a 1000m of rowing every night. Doesn't seem like a lot to me but I still have my right lateral epicondylitis.
            Are you doing that as a sprint? If it is a mellow pace, it is likely about as helpful for climbing as walking half a mile....

Comment

Originally posted by G View Post

Are you doing that as a sprint? If it is a mellow pace, it is likely about as helpful for climbing as walking half a mile....
              Mellow with intermittent episodes of higher exertion. Takes me about 5 minutes. I'm usually just starting to brow sweat when I hit the upload button. Unless I'm going uphill, I never really brow sweat when walking.

Comment

Mellow with intermittent episodes of higher exertion. Takes me about 5 minutes. I'm usually just starting to brow sweat when I hit the upload button. Unless I'm going uphill, I never really brow sweat when walking.
                For sure it is exercise and good for you. What is your expectation from
                that intensity for that duration?

Comment

Originally posted by G View Post

For sure it is exercise and good for you. What is your expectation from
                  that intensity for that duration?
                  To empty some glycogen stores before I sleep. To actively use some muscles that I don't normally use. Build some general strength. Becoming a good rower is not a priority.

Comment

Working...
                  X