Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recommendations on a home rowing machine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kamban View Post

Is it not out of stock now and the basic $700 machine is now being sold for $1599 by people wanting to make a quirk buck. Even the maker has upped the price and asked people to be on wait list.

Took a leaf out of the Peleton bike sale who doubled prices in order to light the fire of ganbusting sales.
    looks like there is a waitlist for these from the manufacturer's website: https://www.concept2.com/indoor-rowers/model-d
    DMD '21. Perio '24.

Comment

i recently purchased a row machine myself, and did a fair bit of research. i'm not super into rowing, having used the rowing machine at my local gym a fair bit but nothing super serious. i knew virtually nothing about the various row machines out there. i wanted to get a row machine for my home gym since i've decided i'm done going to commercial gyms.

anyways, as mentioned above, there really is one rowing machine that is the gold standard and has the largest market share. and that is the concept d model d rower. it's really the gold standard and all the reviews for it are great. it's also probably the most durable rower out there (seems to be very durable from my experience). it can also be broken down into two pieces for fairly easy transport. overall i'm liking it and would definitely recommend it. i'm not the most serious rower out there, mostly using it for a warmup and cooldown (i row 1000m before and after lifting, takes 4-5 minutes), and sometimes a longer cardio session on non-lifting days.

like most fitness equipment, most rowers are out of stock. i've heard/seen people buy up the concept d rowers when they are in stock, and then sell them on ebay or amazon for like 1.5k. for example the concept d rower is now on amazon for 1.4.

i've used rogue fitness to get everything for my home gym over the past few months.

https://www.roguefitness.com/black-c...el-d-rower-pm5

despite the high demand for fitness equipment, i've been able to get every hard-to-come-by piece for my home gym (rower, dumbells, squat rack, etc) using this rogue stock "bot" website that automatically updates whenever rogue gets something back in stock. for example, you can see the the concept d rower was in stock earlier this morning at 2AM, for 900 bucks on the rogue website. it's now out of stock (things like the rower do sell out quickly, maybe in 20 minutes or so). but by checking this website a few times throughout the day over the past 1-3 months, i've been able to get literally every piece of equipment i've been eying despite the shortages. i high highly recommend anyone looking for gym equipment to use this website. it might take a week or two of checking, but you'll definitely get what you want.

https://roguestockbot.com/stock-updates

so yeah, i am enjoying my concept d rower, and would definitely recommend it.

Comment

Originally posted by pitt1166 View Post
        i recently purchased a row machine myself, and did a fair bit of research. i'm not super into rowing, having used the rowing machine at my local gym a fair bit but nothing super serious. i knew virtually nothing about the various row machines out there. i wanted to get a row machine for my home gym since i've decided i'm done going to commercial gyms.

anyways, as mentioned above, there really is one rowing machine that is the gold standard and has the largest market share. and that is the concept d model d rower. it's really the gold standard and all the reviews for it are great. it's also probably the most durable rower out there (seems to be very durable from my experience). it can also be broken down into two pieces for fairly easy transport. overall i'm liking it and would definitely recommend it. i'm not the most serious rower out there, mostly using it for a warmup and cooldown (i row 1000m before and after lifting, takes 4-5 minutes), and sometimes a longer cardio session on non-lifting days.

like most fitness equipment, most rowers are out of stock. i've heard/seen people buy up the concept d rowers when they are in stock, and then sell them on ebay or amazon for like 1.5k. for example the concept d rower is now on amazon for 1.4.

i've used rogue fitness to get everything for my home gym over the past few months.

https://www.roguefitness.com/black-c...el-d-rower-pm5

despite the high demand for fitness equipment, i've been able to get every hard-to-come-by piece for my home gym (rower, dumbells, squat rack, etc) using this rogue stock "bot" website that automatically updates whenever rogue gets something back in stock. for example, you can see the the concept d rower was in stock earlier this morning at 2AM, for 900 bucks on the rogue website. it's now out of stock (things like the rower do sell out quickly, maybe in 20 minutes or so). but by checking this website a few times throughout the day over the past 1-3 months, i've been able to get literally every piece of equipment i've been eying despite the shortages. i high highly recommend anyone looking for gym equipment to use this website. it might take a week or two of checking, but you'll definitely get what you want.

https://roguestockbot.com/stock-updates

so yeah, i am enjoying my concept d rower, and would definitely recommend it.

Nice! nifty little tool. What else did you end up getting and how much did you spend total? I don't think I have room in my place for a squat rack and dumbells quite yet, but thats definitely the end goal
        DMD '21. Perio '24.

Comment

Originally posted by FibroBlast View Post

wait so did you not like the ergatta or you do like it? or are you saying I can have your referral code.
          I bought the rower but have yet to receive it. Love the look, love the challenge idea, and love the ability to stand it up in the corner. I have a referral code that would make me money. It would do nothing for you, just me

Comment

Originally posted by FibroBlast View Post

Nice! nifty little tool. What else did you end up getting and how much did you spend total? I don't think I have room in my place for a squat rack and dumbells quite yet, but thats definitely the end goal
            They do make foldable squat racks: https://www.roguefitness.com/rogue-r...all-mount-rack

As far as dumbbells go, I went with the PowerBlock Pros: https://powerblock.com/product/pro-series-expandable/
            The adjustable dumbbells are good for a smaller space and can go from 5-90 if you get the expansion packs. They come into stock a few times a month through their website and typically stay up longer since they are pretty expensive.

People also say good things about the Ironmasters: https://www.ironmaster.com/products/...s-75-original/
            They do a lottery every month or so where you just enter and if they draw your name you get a chance to purchase a pair.

Comment

Originally posted by CordMcNally View Post

As far as dumbbells go, I went with the PowerBlock Pros: https://powerblock.com/product/pro-series-expandable/
              The adjustable dumbbells are good for a smaller space and can go from 5-90 if you get the expansion packs.
              How do you like those things? Do you use them? Sometimes I think I want them, but with 5 kettlebells and a barbell/plates, it is certainly not a need.

Comment

Originally posted by G View Post

How do you like those things? Do you use them? Sometimes I think I want them, but with 5 kettlebells and a barbell/plates, it is certainly not a need.
                We have them and like them. Husband uses the full range more than I do. Also have a powerblock kettleball which is 4 in 1 (adjusts from 18 to 35 lbs)

Comment

Originally posted by G View Post

They're fantastic. I use them a lot. I did quite a bit of research on the adjustable dumbbells and ended up going with the PB Pros since they're urethane coated and they have a big open area for your hands where some of the others had wrist guards that seemed to get in the way on certain movements. They also seem to have better grips. It takes seconds to change to your desired weight. They also have a kettlebell handle attachment: https://powerblock.com/product/pro-s...lebell-handle/ . They probably aren't as good as single dumbbells for a few things (overhead tricep extensions) but definitely overall more practical.

Comment

overhead triceps extensions cord are you a bodybuilder?

Comment

Concept2 without a doubt. Not a serious rower but I’m in pretty good shape. And after some research it was the obvious choice...no questions asked. Have had mine for about a year and it’s great.
                      Also, rowing is Hugh Jackmans favorite exercise and he uses Concept2. If it’s good enough for wolverine, it’s good enough for me. As an aside, his litmus test was 2000m in 7minutes (1;45/500 pace) which I was able to do and it’s brutal. Worth a try for those that have a rower and want a challenge.

I also bought the PB pro dumbbells 5-90 and IMHO they are also best in class.

also happen to have a Versaclimber which is a favorite of Lebron James and R3 power rack from rogue which is great with its small footprint.

use all of these weekly during Covid.

Comment

Originally posted by jacoavlu View Post
                        overhead triceps extensions cord are you a bodybuilder?
                        No way. I stay in decent shape and enjoy lifting weights and tolerate running. I don't have the genetics to put on that kind of mass naturally (I'm naturally a pretty lean person) and have no desire to do anything unnatural. And probably most of all, I don't have the desire to get that clean with my diet.

Comment

can stand up against or hang from wall when not in use.
                          Good point. Also I don't have enough time for rowing. I wish I did.

Comment

Originally posted by burritos View Post

Good point. Also I don't have enough time for rowing. I wish I did.
                            wake up earlier

Comment

wake up earlier
                              you brute

Comment

wake up earlier
                                I do, to bike to work(and back). I'm still jealous though.
                                Last edited by burritos; 11-16-2020, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X