X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Complete_newbie
    replied

Overall a rather sad situation.

Unfortunately WCI, I’m not so sure your response itself is professional, productive, or without harm. When you post something like this, in the manner in which you did, you have a clear goal of humiliating him (it doesn’t really matter that it is mostly anonymous-there are many jeff’s in the world). What function does this have other than to turn one person’s angry email into a forum full of people who are now angry/hateful or at the very least mocking the person/situation? Just not sure this type of thing is necessary, there is enough hatred/anger/disrespect in the world.
    Click to expand…

You’re probably right. Most of the time I’m a good enough person to just ignore them. But just like I’m not perfectly altruistic (thus the reason this site has ads) I’m also not perfectly professional.

You know. With great power comes great responsibility...

Spider man isn't perfect. He had Mary Jane.

Leave a comment:

• The White Coat Investor
    replied

Unfortunately WCI, I’m not so sure your response itself is professional, productive, or without harm. When you post something like this, in the manner in which you did, you have a clear goal of humiliating him (it doesn’t really matter that it is mostly anonymous-there are many jeff’s in the world). What function does this have other than to turn one person’s angry email into a forum full of people who are now angry/hateful or at the very least mocking the person/situation? Just not sure this type of thing is necessary, there is enough hatred/anger/disrespect in the world.

You're probably right. Most of the time I'm a good enough person to just ignore them. But just like I'm not perfectly altruistic (thus the reason this site has ads) I'm also not perfectly professional.

Leave a comment:

• Craigy
    replied
    That's Dr. COMPLETE imbecile TO YOU BUDDY.

Leave a comment:

• VagabondMD
    replied

Hey, it's not like he punched him in the nose and dragged him off an airplane.

Leave a comment:

• Gas_Doc
    replied

https://media.giphy.com/media/krhW9yWEI0x0Y/giphy.gif

Leave a comment:

• East coast
    replied

I don’t speak for WCI but I’d say the goal is to stop his bullying.

If you haven’t been on the receiving end of this stuff, I doubt you can appreciate it.

This person tries to bully WCI. It needs to be called out. Hopefully that person sees this and stops.

I actually think WCI is being kind by letting it be anonymous.

+1 - people (bullies) need to be called out.

Leave a comment:

• WealthyDoc
    replied
    I'm glad you went ahead and finished your training to become a complete imbecile.  I would hate to be a follower of someone who hasn't yet completed their imbecile training.  OMG.  Hilarious.

Leave a comment:

• janettebournes
    replied
    I actually find it helpful

It lets me know how bad of a deal IUL is that people who sell it would actually send WCI hate mail in response to his blog

Like papa always said, "don't start a fight if you can't finish it"

Leave a comment:

• Complete_newbie
    replied
    I refrained from posting on this thread before you OBGYNguy. I'm with you.

Leave a comment:

• OBGYNguy
    replied

Unfortunately WCI, I'm not so sure your response itself is professional, productive, or without harm. When you post something like this, in the manner in which you did, you have a clear goal of humiliating him (it doesn't really matter that it is mostly anonymous-there are many jeff's in the world). What function does this have other than to turn one person's angry email into a forum full of people who are now angry/hateful or at the very least mocking the person/situation? Just not sure this type of thing is necessary, there is enough hatred/anger/disrespect in the world.

Leave a comment:

• DMFA
    replied
    I didn't know you had a sister.

Leave a comment:

• ambesima
    replied
    This website saved me from whole life insurance and time shares wolves. I am so grateful.

Leave a comment:

• AZdoc68
    replied
    OMG that was hilarious!

I recall early in my (attending) career being pitched life insurance--think it was variable life, I forget--by the agent who sold me my individual disability policy.  He made the investment component seem desirable and I was tempted but thankfully never bought in.  I've come to learn that anything but term life is a bad idea and to be skeptical of insurance in general.

Yes, insurance is necessary and important in certain situations but is often "oversold" by agents, particularly in the case of life insurance.  If you're a dilligent saver/investor you can later self-insure in effect and avoid paying for unnecessary coverage down the road so do not commit to any variation of "insurance for life".

Leave a comment:

• East coast
    replied

You absolutely need to engage with more people like this and post for us to read. Very entertaining (and it’s not like you have better things to do).

I'm probably one of the very few crazy to have ever done so, but I spent an embarrassing amount of time on a holiday weekend months ago reading through the comments on a few of the old insurance posts - some of those posts have nearly (maybe over by now) 1000 comments below the article.

A huge shout out to WCI and Rex as those two have consistently engaged these people to the tune of thousands of comments over years.

I did find it entertaining myself, so recommend you dig into the archives on the site and pop a bag of popcorn!

Leave a comment:

• Complete_newbie
    replied
    I am curious to know what the commission structure is for selling insurance products ? Disability insurance ? Exotic products like above ? Initial google searches weren't the greatest.

Best business is a "broker/referral" style business - residual passive income forever. Close deal, make money.

Oh and best mail is hate mail - get to learn the mindset pretty quick.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X