No announcement yet.

Best automatic coffee machine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nespresso Essenza Mini. It's small, very compact but very powerful.
    Buy only metal (aluminum?) pods from Nespresso or Starbucks.

It is the best espresso ever. Very economical as well.

Comment

Originally posted by FibroBlast View Post

Any recomendations for sites for refurbished?
      I’ve always used the site Whole Latte Love but I am sure there are others that can provide good reco’s. Bought our first one >10 yrs ago and keep going back there b/c it’s worked for me!
      Our passion is protecting clients and others from predatory and ignorant advisors. Fox & Co CPAs, Fox & Co Wealth Mgmt. 270-247-6087

Comment

thank you everyone for your suggestions! found the Philips LatteGo 3200 used at a local marketplace.

Love it thus far, it takes about a minute to heat up and add milk and water and then its all set to go! Takes another minute to make the actual drink. It has a built in grinder but you can add grounds as well.

I definitely enjoy coffee and I will buy another machine probably in a few years that is more customizable. This is a wonderful beginner machine though, and great in the mornings as it is so easy to use!
        DMD '21. Perio '24.

Comment

Originally posted by WCInovice View Post

It has the longest track record for reliability as compared to newer models. For taste I slightly prefer the Bonnavita 1900TS but I too I use a Moccamaster daily.

In general, anything SCAA certified will do a great job. These makers brew at the correct temperature.

https://sca.coffee/certified-home-brewer
          We had the Bonavita and it was great.....until it wasn’t. We had issues with it turning off very few seconds. We would press the button about 30 separate times to get it to brew.

Comment

Originally posted by jbmitt View Post

We’re in the market for just a coffee maker. The Moccamasters look cool, for someone who has never used one or had coffee from one, what separates it from other brands at that price point?
            I would be lying if I told you I remember all the details. I did some research online a few years ago and narrowed it down to the Bonavita and Moccamaster. We bought the Bonavita and liked it, but it started crapping out. I was not thrilled with the life span so we went with the Moccamaster. I think water temperature is big, the type of drip (kind of like a shower head), and some other factors. We like coffee so it was worth it to us.

Comment

I'm a bit of a geek with coffee, but really enjoy a nice cup of espresso in the morning.

Roast my own beans every week using a Behmor drum roaster. The most important component of a good espresso is freshly roasted beans. It takes about 18 minutes to roast the beans in the garage. I can buy green coffee beans from a wholesaler for about $4 a pound and get to try lots of different types of beans.

Agree that a good burr grinder is important, but a relatively inexpensive Capresso does the job for me.

I make the espresso with a manual Flair Espresso Maker which costs about $300. This is a manual machined device that is easy to use and fun. The process to make a double espresso takes about 10 minutes in the morning. By contrast one of the other family members in my house likes Nespresso--costs a lot, quicker. I can't drink it. Her milk frother device with the Nespresso is nice though and can be bought separately.

Comment

Nice to see another coffee roaster here!

Here is my still improving latte art. The espresso was a home roast and extracted with a lever machine.

Sometimes the simplicity of making brewed coffee can be overlooked. I've been using the Clever coffee dripper for years, and advocating this for cupping. The Clever coffee dripper for about $25 beats the hundred dollar electric drip coffee maker in taste and simplicity.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0006.jpeg
Views:	314
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	235869

Name:	IMG_0002.jpeg
Views:	311
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	235870

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by CalMD View Post

Here is my still improving latte art. The espresso was a home roast and extracted with a lever machine.

Sometimes the simplicity of making brewed coffee can be overlooked. I've been using the Clever coffee dripper for years, and advocating this for cupping. The Clever coffee dripper for about $25 beats the hundred dollar electric drip coffee maker in taste and simplicity.

Name:	IMG_0006.jpeg
Views:	314
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	235869

Name:	IMG_0002.jpeg
Views:	311
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	235870

What are you using to froth your milk? latte art looks great!!
                  DMD '21. Perio '24.

Comment

Originally posted by CalMD View Post

+10 forum points for the photos!

Comment

Our Nespresso keep us happily caffeinated (espresso's - me, latte's - SO) . I do wonder to the French press from time to time, and have some pour overs on my list. ... I would LOVE a real espresso machine.

Instead I've been learning how to bake croissants. They seem to go well with coffee.

Comment

Originally posted by adventure View Post

Instead I've been learning how to bake croissants. They seem to go well with coffee.
                        YUM!
                        Our passion is protecting clients and others from predatory and ignorant advisors. Fox & Co CPAs, Fox & Co Wealth Mgmt. 270-247-6087

Comment

Originally posted by FibroBlast View Post

What are you using to froth your milk? latte art looks great!!
                          The steam wand with the espresso machine is used to froth the milk. Generally, store the pitcher in the freezer. This would give more frothing time to incorporate air into the milk especially if the steam is strong. Keep the wand at 45-degree angle and the tip just under the milk surface to create a whirlpool. Once the pitcher is just hot to touch, it should be the right temperature. The consistency should be like latex paint without large bubbles and ready to pour.

Many third wave cafes in Northern California like Clover organic milk. I actually like ultra pasteurized Horizon organic milk, which is blasphemy to some professional barista. The ultra pasteurized milk has a thicker mouthfeel.

Comment

Originally posted by RDB View Post

We had the Bonavita and it was great.....until it wasn’t. We had issues with it turning off very few seconds. We would press the button about 30 separate times to get it to brew.
                            This is why I give the nod slightly to the Moccamaster. Longer track record.

===

Amazing at home microfoam skills there CalMD I have not been able to get my game at that level (I have a Gaggia Classic with a Sylvia Wand).

Comment

Originally posted by braindoc View Post
                              Just bought one this month and have been really happy with it. Do your research first. Reviews from Seattle Coffee Gear are pretty honest. I ended up buying a Breville Smart Coffee Grinder Pro and a Breville Bambino. I think in total I spent about $700. Don't buy a combo machine it will be a mess. I like the grinder I purchased because you can use it for espresso (fine) through french press (coarse). Whatever you choose to purchase, also buy a knock box and thank me later !

I previously had a Nespresso machine. I felt that the coffee was just okay and it was a hassle to order and recycle pods. For convenience, I would usually just buy compatible pods from the grocery store which were even worse.
                              UPDATE: Less than a year later I regret spending the money on this Breville espresso maker. The machine has had multiple problems and we've had to call customer service multiple times. The steam wand no longer steams, barely any espresso comes out of the machine and most recently the thing nearly exploded.

Their customer service has been horrible. They are impossible to reach and disrespectful when you finally get ahold of them. They admit that our machine isn't working properly but refuse to replace it despite being covered under warranty.

The experience has been so slimy we'll never purchase from the company again.

Theres another thread going on about what makes you feel wealthy. Right now it's that we can toss out this machine along with all of our other Breville sh!t and buy new stuff from a more reputable brand.

Comment

Originally posted by braindoc View Post

UPDATE: Less than a year later I regret spending the money on this Breville espresso maker. The machine has had multiple problems and we've had to call customer service multiple times. The steam wand no longer steams, barely any espresso comes out of the machine and most recently the thing nearly exploded.

Their customer service has been horrible. They are impossible to reach and disrespectful when you finally get ahold of them. They admit that our machine isn't working properly but refuse to replace it despite being covered under warranty.

The experience has been so slimy we'll never purchase from the company again.

Theres another thread going on about what makes you feel wealthy. Right now it's that we can toss out this machine along with all of our other Breville sh!t and buy new stuff from a more reputable brand.

My Philips LatteGo has been going strong for a year! I use it pretty much every day and absolutely love it
                                DMD '21. Perio '24.

Comment

Working...
                                X