No announcement yet.

Downpayment for sibling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very different when dealing with some cultures, I have come to realize. As you can imagine, many Asian cultures in our client census and it is similar in at least a few countries in Africa (can speak only to the few with clients of that particular heritage). But there is a huge difference in the cultural expectations and enabling. Enabling your sister has nothing to do with love, as it is hurting her and continuing the cycle. It is more about a personal emotion not to lose their love and affection, which is used as a carrot to get what they want from the most likely suspect.

Typically, the parental assistance, allowing your parents to live with you, etc. is based upon a culture of passing along what was given to you. Your sister has not participated in this mutual exchange - you just share genetics. Of course, this is my Americanized view, but at least some Americanization is to be expected when you are bringing up a family in a different culture than the one of origin.

I hope this is not offensive to anyone - close to 50% of our clients are not native to America and the education has been fascinating. As is natural, it’s a goal is to learn as much as possible about their’ backgrounds without being overly intrusive.
    Our passion is protecting clients and others from predatory and ignorant advisors. Fox & Co CPAs, Fox & Co Wealth Mgmt. 270-247-6087

Comment

Originally posted by Kamban View Post

I love that username. I once put on more than a few pounds eating too many of those biscuits.
      What next? Paging user @ThumsUp!

Cross-the-border equivalent:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	231894

Comment

Originally posted by legobikes View Post

What next? Paging user @ThumsUp!

Cross-the-border equivalent:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	231894
        Is that really the best baby photo they could come up with

Comment

Originally posted by Kamban View Post

I love that username. I once put on more than a few pounds eating too many of those biscuits.
          I have fond memories of ParleG and chai ?

Comment

Originally posted by childay View Post

FAT = GOOD

We used to joke about the baby with gigantism.

Comment

Originally posted by childay View Post

Part of me thinks that's a 45 year old man.

Comment

Working...
              X