Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Physicians in California

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Physicians in California

    I never understood why there were still physicians in California. Other the high cost of living, they are dealing with low reimbursement, high taxes, the threat of an earthquake taking away their homes, and now they are jeopardizing their families health by exposing them to toxic air from all the wild fires out there. Physicians, unlike other professions, are very mobile and can easily find employment in other states. I just don't understand why there are still physicians in California.

  • #2
    The smoky air has already hit the east coast. Not much you can do to escape it.

    Comment


    • #3
      You forgot AB890. Physician expertise isn't even appreciated there

      Comment


      • #4
        Shhhhhh....we don’t want them all moving to Arizona with all the other California transplants.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by nephron View Post
          I never understood why there were still physicians in California. Other the high cost of living, they are dealing with low reimbursement, high taxes, the threat of an earthquake taking away their homes, and now they are jeopardizing their families health by exposing them to toxic air from all the wild fires out there. Physicians, unlike other professions, are very mobile and can easily find employment in other states. I just don't understand why there are still physicians in California.
          Where do u live

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by fatlittlepig View Post

            Where do u live
            they are in massachusetts. a state i have never even considered visiting.

            Comment


            • #7
              I'm glad there's people who want to live where I don't. I live somewhere where most people in California probably wouldn't want to live. And so the world goes.

              Comment


              • #8
                The fire smoke has caused some pretty sun sets and rises here in ny but I cannot tell if the air quality is worse.

                I am always surprised people like living in cities in general but we all like what we like. Who am I to judge. As much as I promote my area I also would not want a flood of people coming here.

                Comment


                • #9
                  California is overrated but there’s something to be said to be able to wear t shirt and shorts on Christmas Day.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by fatlittlepig View Post
                    California is overrated but there’s something to be said to be able to wear t shirt and shorts on Christmas Day.
                    There's more than a handful of places outside of California where this is possible.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by HikingDO View Post
                      Shhhhhh....we don’t want them all moving to Arizona with all the other California transplants.
                      California is awesome. What person in their right mind would want to leave California? There is no place better than California. Why would you want to deal with all that hassle of moving to a new place, new license, etc? Yuck! Definitely stay in California!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        The USA is geographically tilted towards the West. This is why all the loose nuts roll out to California.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by G View Post

                          California is awesome. What person in their right mind would want to leave California? There is no place better than California. Why would you want to deal with all that hassle of moving to a new place, new license, etc? Yuck! Definitely stay in California!
                          I agree, Arizona is ugly, just miles and miles of brown hills and sand, and repressive, stiflingly heat! You definitely wouldn’t be happy here...

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            maybe because there are parts of CA that are beautiful, with great weather

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by toofy View Post
                              The USA is geographically tilted towards the West. This is why all the loose nuts roll out to California.
                              I went to Key West on Christmas break in 1978, and definitely had the impression that all of the loose nuts fell to the southernmost tip of the country, but they did throw a great New Year's Eve party on Duval Street.
                              Erstwhile Dance Theatre of Dayton performer cum bellhop. Carried (many) bags for a lovely and gracious 59 yo Cyd Charisse. (RIP) Hosted epic company parties after Friday night rehearsals.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X