Anyone get Fat from Covid-15?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jaqen Haghar MD View Post

Do you have a power rack at home? We were thinking of setting one up in the garage (there is AC in there) with a barbell set up and some dumbbells, and a chin up spot.
    You directed this question at someone clearly more fit than me, but I am a huge fan of Rogue equipment. They usually have a Black Friday deal where shipping is $5. I mean, a forklift had to move the pallet. Rack, bar, an optimistic amount of plates, etc etc. Five smackers, that's it!

I love my home gym. Even before the pandemic. And especially during it: I would have had a COVID-40 if not for being able to work out at home.

Comment

Originally posted by G View Post

You directed this question at someone clearly more fit than me, but I am a huge fan of Rogue equipment. They usually have a Black Friday deal where shipping is $5. I mean, a forklift had to move the pallet. Rack, bar, an optimistic amount of plates, etc etc. Five smackers, that's it!

I love my home gym. Even before the pandemic. And especially during it: I would have had a COVID-40 if not for being able to work out at home.
      Yes! Those set ups are amazing. Love the idea. Maybe Black Friday is just the inspiration I’ll need.

Comment

Do you have a power rack at home? We were thinking of setting one up in the garage (there is AC in there) with a barbell set up and some dumbbells, and a chin up spot.
        A temperature controlled garage? How could you not!! Losing 20lbs in 6 months is pretty insane, especially since I imagine you weren't trying? My spouse is at his lowest adult weight, due mostly because he's working up to a half marathon. I guess he's lost about 10lbs. I'll start complaining when his size 30 pants start bunching at the waist.

I do not own my own rig. My neighborhood CrossFit lent out equipment during the Stay at Home orders. I really lucked out. Before the pandemic I quit CrossFit and worked out a deal with the owner in which he writes me a lifting program and I get into the gym during off-class hours. So once the gym reopened it wasn't terribly opportunistic to ask if we could resume that setup. I prefer going to a neutral space to exercise and now that I'm pushing weight on bench it's nice to mask up and get a spot.

fatlittlepig I probably should have sent a PM to you and the others I've gotten to know but it seemed a little "extra." plus I kind of enjoyed the pile-on in my last thread. lol

Comment

I am down about 10 pounds. Cooking more, walking more, doing housework between patients instead of surfing the internet. Hoping to keep it off.

Comment

Yes! Those set ups are amazing. Love the idea. Maybe Black Friday is just the inspiration I’ll need.
            We have this setup in our garage plus barbell/plates/adjustable dumbbells, incline bench, sissy squat, etc. My husband loves it. I don’t love weightlifting but am liking it more now that it’s right at home.

https://www.forceusa.com/collections...-smith-machine

Comment

Originally posted by jfoxcpacfp View Post
              Y was closed 2 mos, weight went up proportionately, no way would I weigh daily or I might not be able to get out of bed in the mornings. But I’m chalking that up to being age 63 (Hatton, I know your age and you are hereby forbidden from commenting. Let’s not get into mod wars.)
              Yeah but I am retired

Comment

About the same 20 lbs overweight that I have been for the past ~5 years (since my first sympathetic pregnancy). I eat normal. Then I eat sugar. Weighing doesn't help. Getting back into regular biking, that has always brought my weight down in the past.

Comment

I think the Rich >> Fat thing is true... I think that a lot my former self-control was being a penny pincher. Now. No excuse to not have dessert or the sweet cocktail. Trying to reverse with pandemic Peloton. I like that thing and I can burn 1000 calories in 45 minutes with it.

Comment

Originally posted by BCBiker View Post
                    I think the Rich >> Fat thing is true... I think that a lot my former self-control was being a penny pincher. Now. No excuse to not have dessert or the sweet cocktail. Trying to reverse with pandemic Peloton. I like that thing and I can burn 1000 calories in 45 minutes with it.
                    When I bike for fun(and commute) I bike fasted(dry). Nothing orally since dinner the night before. Every unit of energy and molecule of water/CO2 exhalation is coming straight from fat.

Comment

I've lost 8 lbs and I am not totally sure why. I do think I'm walking and biking more but my exercise is the same. I think there has been some stress. At first I was kinda happy because I finally got back to pre pregnancy weight ( kid is almost 4!) But I'm at my lowest personal weight ever and if I lose much more I'm in trouble. So I don't know. Hopefully I'll level out with pumpkin spice everything all the holiday baking.

Comment

Originally posted by BCBiker View Post
                        that sounds like a slight exaggeration (1000 cal in 45 minutes)

Comment

Originally posted by fatlittlepig View Post

that sounds like a slight exaggeration (1000 cal in 45 minutes)
                          Sustained at 15mph for a 300lb person should do it. Otherwise Peloton is lying to ya.

Comment

i never understood biking as a means of exercise since its the most efficient form of transportation (assault bike not included, that things death)

Comment

You’re all such a bunch of overachievers.
                              I put on about 5 pounds. I blame it on Telehealth. You don’t have to move much doing that.

Comment

Originally posted by Lordosis View Post

Sustained at 15mph for a 300lb person should do it. Otherwise Peloton is lying to ya.
                                possibly. Is intense though. Requires very high resistance and you have to be in the top 2% of participants.

Comment

Working...
                                X