Anyone get Fat from Covid-15?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone get Fat from Covid-15?

Anyone admit to gaining a few pounds during the covid period? Yes for fatlittlepig; no more scrub wearing and daily weigh ins. .
    Last edited by fatlittlepig; 09-15-2020, 11:17 AM.

A few lbs yeah. We're still trying to do the keto thing. Scrub pants getting a little tight

Comment

I kept pretty even, so happy with that, but the vast majority of my patients did. I bet at least 80% of my DM patients had A1Cs increase in the last 6 months.

Comment

I’ve lost about 20 pounds since the spring. Some of it planned, and some of it unplanned (sickness). Definitely prefer doing it the planned way, even if it takes longer.

Comment

Is anyone watching sugar intake?

Comment

Lost 10 lbs. Covid sabbatical in March/April broke me of the bad habit of grazing in the break room between cases. Since returning I’m trying to maintain discipline and stay out of there even when I have time. So far so good but the food temptation remains.

Comment

Nope. Weight is the same or down 2-5 lbs depending on the day. Less eating out, more working out. Also I was very busy with admin/planning/meetings at work for a couple of months and would forget to eat during the day. Was actually down a bit more than 5 lbs during that time but restablilized at my usual weight.

Comment

Hovering 1 lb lower. I attribute this to biking to work. Not watching my sugar intake. Ate all of my kids' halloween candy and all the crap that my wife impulse buys. I hope that the dryfasting ameliorates the poison.

Comment

Stable.

Comment

Nah I have the same 15 extra I should have lost years ago. Now at least I can blame something other then myself :P

Comment

scared to get on scale. probably covid-20. downfall was baking used as math practice. combined with near 100% on duty for child care.

Comment

Originally posted by G View Post
                        scared to get on scale. probably covid-20. downfall was baking used as math practice. combined with near 100% on duty for child care.
                        Start weighing yourself daily, the pounds will come off quick.

Comment

Originally posted by fatlittlepig View Post
                          Is anyone watching sugar intake?
                          My body composition has improved. I do tabata training recently started sprints.

Considering that over 90% (or something like that) of hospitalized covid patients have one or more comorbidity, improving metabolic health will probably be more efficacious than a vaccine.

I watch sugar intake, but industrial seed oils are far worse. Combining the two is terrible.

Comment

Lost 20lbs since spring. Gyms closed, no weight lifting, decreased appetite, working outside on projects in the tropical summer heat for 7 hours at a time. You’d think that would be good news, but I actually look and feel better at +20lbs. Started going back now, eating more, but it’s very hard to do a serious workout with a mask on. Still it’s better than nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by HikingDO View Post
                              I bet at least 80% of my DM patients had A1Cs increase in the last 6 months.
                              No doubt. Since I’ve returned to work post-Covid the number of patients who show up for their surgery with sky high glucose levels is up substantially. Anecdotal but fits the narrative.

Comment

Working...
                              X