Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frequent Posters- Who R U and What do U do.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The relatively young ages of many who have replied was somewhat surprising to me. That is all.

Comment

61, cardiology, Midwest

Erstwhile Dance Theatre of Dayton performer cum bellhop. Carried (many) bags for a lovely and gracious 59 yo Cyd Charisse. (RIP) Hosted epic company parties after Friday night rehearsals.

Comment

36. Radiology. Got a late start in medicine so in fellowship now and moving next year. Staying in the west for private practice. 1 wife and 1 kid.

Comment

59, PhD technology exec, retired military, mid-Atlantic major metro area

Comment

Originally posted by pierre View Post
            36. Radiology. Got a late start in medicine so in fellowship now and moving next year. Staying in the west for private practice. 1 wife and 1 kid.
            Glad you only have 1 wife. Just kidding . (Why are my emojis not showing up )

Comment

Clique bait!

I thought many of you were older. Interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by pierre View Post
                shucks, I didn't make the list.
                You don't even go here.

Just kidding, I just like saying that ;-)

Ugh, I'm nearing 40, I have kids so my free time is limited but I like to run and bike, read and cook, hang out with my husband/kids/friends. I'm a psychiatrist working in mental health integration with primary care. I love working with women, especially who are pregnant and postpartum but currently at the VA so I don't see much of that population anymore. Instead I am working with transgender veterans and learning so much.

Comment

Early 60's, Hem/Onc in South Carolina. One wife and one kid and hopefully will remain that way :-)

Used to live to travel but COVID and house building has really put a crimp to it in the past 2 years.

Comment

Late 40’s, psychiatrist, private practice.

Comment

Mid-50’s, part time general radiologist (formerly IR), live in MO, work in CO and MO, married (lawyer), 2 college age kids, Leo, like pina coladas and getting caught in the rain

Comment

Probably youngest of the regulars.

I follow up benign findings that for some reason our radiology overlords determined we need to follow for ridiculous amounts of time , ie pancreatic cysts for 9 years. Don’t get me started on pulmonary nodules

Comment

Mid 30s family practice in upstate NY. Pharmacist wife. 4 kids. 1 dog.
                          my interests include: Daniel tiger's neighborhood, the wild kratts, and mickey mouse clubhouse.

Oh wait that is not right...
                          I read Old science fiction.
                          The original series is the only star trek worth anything.

Comment

Regarding interests, and in case anyone here appreciates dance, I was enjoying snippets of Natalia Osipova performances this morning (as I am wont to do on the weekend). For example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hTy8Je2VSA

She gives the impression that she could dance in the air but chooses to touch the stage.

The YouTube algorithm then suggested this Royal Ballet rehearsal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UliFfBpG84o

At this level, the dancers are so talented and so skilled, that the teacher/coach focuses on only the smallest details throughout the rehearsal. For example, at 3:21, "Speak, more than make a position."

I enjoyed watching this rehearsal almost as much as the spectacular performances.

In the comments, someone wrote, "I know nothing about ballet but watching this made me fall in love with it."

Someone else wrote, "I don't like going to the ballet, but I love watching them practice."

So, I thought someone here might like it as well.

Erstwhile Dance Theatre of Dayton performer cum bellhop. Carried (many) bags for a lovely and gracious 59 yo Cyd Charisse. (RIP) Hosted epic company parties after Friday night rehearsals.

Comment

Originally posted by billy View Post
                              Read the thread title and was disappointed. Not because I didnt make the list, but because no one posted this scene: https://youtu.be/7XyfYc0bfB4
                              Liked your clip billy, how come no one posted Dr. Evil at group therapy
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMHseTcZdJ4

Comment

Late 30’s, hospitalist living in Ohio, practice in Indiana actually. I have a stay at home wife and a 2 yo daughter. Living on a small farm now just moved out of the city. We have lots of chickens, a couple pigs and horses, and I’m really trying to learn gardening. Planted over 40 trees this summer. Hope to successfully change careers soon (something at least non-clinical, if not non-medical), but it’s a work in progress.
                                I could keep going with all the random facts...

Comment

Working...
                                X