Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any fancy car drivers out there? (or dreamers?)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Coming out of residency wanted the audi A7. Decided to pay off student loans instead and kept my mazda 6. It's a good enough car, and I've decided I'd rather spend on renting fancy cars on vacation than on their maintenance while owning. Time will tell if I get the itch again in a few years.

    Comment


    • #17
      CYbertruck is definitely going to be our splurge vehicle next year, cause we really don't need it. Odyssey 2004 at 150k and still doing the local hauling and getting rid of her will be hard to do with such emotional attachment --- unless it's for that cybertruck

      our Y and 3 replaced aging vehicles but still workable -- anyone getting into an EV these days really should try out the Y before finalizing purchase. Really liked the Bolt and Leaf, but the advantages of Y is palpable.

      Comment


      • #18
        it would be the most on brand thing ever for WCIF for this to quickly turn into a contest about who drives the oldest and crappiest Honda.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by EntrepreneurMD View Post
          Dream is to unload my Rarri for a Toyota or Honda. Around a $3-4M NW when I got it. Now, with several fold that, look at my aspirations!

          But if you must experience Porsche exhilaration for yourself, you really want a GT3 RS, or for a few extra bucks, the GT2 RS is the pinnacle of the 911 model.
          Unless OP is a track junkie, both of those are terrible recommendations. Those variants are 100% track focused and most people would have no desire driving them at 10% of their capacity on public roads without any creature comforts. The Turbo S is the grand touring pinnacle for the non track driver. Nothing wrong with that. Different strokes for different folks. That’s why there are 20 something odd variants.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by MPMD View Post
            it would be the most on brand thing ever for WCIF for this to quickly turn into a contest about who drives the oldest and crappiest Honda.
            Get out of here Mr. Fancypants with your ‘like new’ 1990 Geo Prizm!

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by burritos View Post
              Because of my cheapness I(therefore we) tried hard not to get a tesla. After our prius we got a plugin accord then a leaf. But my wife kept harping on the range anxiety, so I broke down and we got the Y(49k, 1/2 fancy car?). I must admit, it's quite an engineering feat. Looking back on it, we should have gotten the 3 after the prius and bypassed the plug in and leaf. Live and learn.
              Kudos to your wife for her clear insight on what she wanted in a car compared to a cheapskate like you who could only go in incremental steps and waste money along the way :-)

              I was in the same boat like you. Ordered the Tesla in 2016 but could not quite pull the trigger in 2018 when I was offered the vehicle. But on a vacation in another state in 2019 my wife was so impressed by a Model 3 that a friend took us around in that she wanted one right away. We actually stopped by their local dealership and confirmed the order for a SR+. A month later we had the car. It is now one year old this month. I feel I should have had it since 2018.

              Comment


              • #22
                2001 Porsche Carrera Cabriolet bought used 8 yrs ago for $24,500. Still my daily driver. It is fast enough and fun to drive.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Nysoz View Post
                  Once I hit fatfire numbers I'm going to get a 2020(2022?) Tesla roadster, or a trimotor Cybertruck if I have a bigger garage then
                  Roadster looks great, fast but certainly more fancy ($$) than the cybertruck. Base model costing in theory about the same as a Tacoma. Though the higher end more expensive truck is supposed to be impressively fast. Definitely not stylish though. Honda ridgeline anyone (previous ugly model)?

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by TheDangerZone View Post

                    Unless OP is a track junkie, both of those are terrible recommendations. Those variants are 100% track focused and most people would have no desire driving them at 10% of their capacity on public roads without any creature comforts. The Turbo S is the grand touring pinnacle for the non track driver. Nothing wrong with that. Different strokes for different folks. That’s why there are 20 something odd variants.
                    Highway to the danger zone. Someone afraid to take a ride into the danger zone?

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      I'm a bit of a car guy. I currently drive a 2016 Mustang GT. I love it. It was my dream car at one point.

                      Would like to have a 911 Turbo S some day. Or maybe a new Z06 when they release them in a few years. I like the AMG E63S as well. Obviously a Ferrari or McLaren would be cool some day, but not sure I'll get to that point. Maybe one thats a few years old.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        My splurge car here for SD --- probably the Z4 . Would like that just to cruise with the wife.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by EntrepreneurMD View Post

                          Highway to the danger zone. Someone afraid to take a ride into the danger zone?
                          So basically you have no counterpoint. Noted.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by childay View Post
                            Roadster looks great, fast but certainly more fancy ($$) than the cybertruck. Base model costing in theory about the same as a Tacoma. Though the higher end more expensive truck is supposed to be impressively fast. Definitely not stylish though. Honda ridgeline anyone (previous ugly model)?
                            Yeah my fear is that I’d be constantly worried about someone scratching or dinging the roadster, but it’s my dream hypercar for now.

                            The cybertruck is so ridiculous that I like it. Also has utility and I would never worry about dings or scratches.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              I like the look of the new corvette C8, but I will never buy one.

                              Yes, I'm still driving an old Toyota with a quarter million miles, pretty happily I might add.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                I have a very reliable daily driver but recently had too much wine and put down $100 for the new Ford Bronco. I really love the car, I can pay for it in cash and we're on track for our retirement goals. I still feel guilt about buying something I don't need so debating on what to do. To add to the confusion the car has been sold out for about two years now since its not being released until late 2021/early 2022.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X