Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hatton
    replied
    For years I took Thursday off.  That is unless I had a labor patient.  The constant day off made it easy to schedule haircuts, dentist etc.  now since I am part-time I take off Monday and Friday.  It is in many ways a dream schedule.

Leave a comment:

• TheGipper
    replied
    Spoken like a true ED doc. Actually, having a set day or set half day off, no matter what the day is great for making appointments in advance. We've become so subpecialized in our radiology group that it is becoming much harder to switch with colleagues on short notice.

Leave a comment:

• The White Coat Investor
    replied
    What a weird discussion. To work the same days every week. Can't imagine it.

Why not try each day for a month and see which one you like having off best? Wouldn't that be pretty easy to do?

Leave a comment:

• Antares
    replied
    Several people beat me to it, but I haven't worked more than two days in a row in 20 years. Terrific for burnout prevention. Wednesday. Definitely Wednesday.

Leave a comment:

• Mags
    replied
    I have had Wednesdays off in the past and really liked that. You only have to survive 2 days at work and then a break. I have Fridays off now. The 3 day weekend gets long with 3 little kids.

Leave a comment:

• PhysicianOnFIRE
    replied
    Keep your Tuesdays and Thursdays. If Friday then Monday are your biggest money makers, I would vote for Wednesdays off to break up the week and never work more than 2 days consecutively, like @RDB.

Leave a comment:

• Zaphod
    replied
    The other thing I like about monday is that flights seem to be easier/cheaper. Depending on your office you might also have a lot of the weekend layover of pts wanting to see a doc, and you happen to be around, dont miss that at all.

Leave a comment:

• G
    replied
    MONDAY!

Leave a comment:

• janettebournes
    replied
    I like the idea of Monday or Friday to get that 3 day weekend.

My neighbor is a dentist who takes off Wednesdays so that he never works more than 2 days in a row.

I myself have Thursday afternoons and Friday afternoons off so that I get an additional "day off" per week. Of course, I ended up working a full day today anyway when garbage from the morning poured into my afternoon. Don't be like me

Leave a comment:

• RDB
    replied
    I have Wednesday's off (and half day Friday). I love having a day off I the middle of the week. I get nothing done because of three little kids, but it breaks up the work week. It's great never working more than two days in a row.

Leave a comment:

• scott
    replied
    I've had Wednesday's off for over 15 years and I love the fact that I never work more then two days in a row.

Leave a comment:

• TheGipper
    replied
    No debate here. FRIDAY!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• OUSOONERDOC
    replied
    I'd pick Friday's if you are a PCP. If it's mid-week then you have more stuff to catch up on when you come back. Not to mention it's harder to plan short get aways and relax with a mid week day off.

Leave a comment:

• Zaphod
    replied
    You count meetings and post call days as off? That isnt right at all.

Leave a comment:

• RadMoneyMD
    replied
    It's a tough decision. I feel bad for you!

Personally I like my Wednesday post call days off to split up the week. But my post call day off varies from week to week. Oh well.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X