No announcement yet.

which day off per week?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have had Wednesdays off in the past and really liked that. You only have to survive 2 days at work and then a break. I have Fridays off now. The 3 day weekend gets long with 3 little kids.

Comment

Several people beat me to it, but I haven't worked more than two days in a row in 20 years. Terrific for burnout prevention. Wednesday. Definitely Wednesday.
      My Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFF...MwBiAAKd5N8qPg

Comment

What a weird discussion. To work the same days every week. Can't imagine it.

Why not try each day for a month and see which one you like having off best? Wouldn't that be pretty easy to do?
        Helping those who wear the white coat get a fair shake on Wall Street since 2011

Comment

Spoken like a true ED doc. Actually, having a set day or set half day off, no matter what the day is great for making appointments in advance. We've become so subpecialized in our radiology group that it is becoming much harder to switch with colleagues on short notice.

Comment

For years I took Thursday off.  That is unless I had a labor patient.  The constant day off made it easy to schedule haircuts, dentist etc.  now since I am part-time I take off Monday and Friday.  It is in many ways a dream schedule.

Comment

Took Mondays for five years because the office was closed. It was OK.

Now take Wednesdays off and I find it to be a better fit for me.  Always have the weekend and can tell myself that I can do two days in a row, no problem.

Comment

I like having something to look forward to during the week so Mondays off really isn't my favorite because then you have nothing to look forward to the rest of the week. It's like eating dessert first when you know your dinner consists of liver and cod fish. Or something like that, I don't actually dislike my job that much. I would do Wednesdays to break up the week. Right now I just work Friday and I have to say it's a pretty amazing schedule ;-)

Comment

One benefit of Mondays off is that during the summer I can do more spontaneous 3 day weekend things with my boys aged 5 and 7.  We live in the upper midwest so....camping trip, Twin Cities or Chicago visit, up to a friends lake house, etc. we can come home Monday and I don't have to take a Monday off 30 days or more ahead of time to have a 3 day weekend trip.

Downside of Monday is probably losing some income...but that's OK as i'm close to FI

Comment

haven't worked Mondays since residency. That day off, after a busy weekend, when the kids get back to school - great.

Before the kids we did 3 day weekend trips like crazy, not so any more during the school year but we do during the summer. So a Wednesday could be nice during the school year but I'm pretty content as is.

To be honest, I leave a bit early on Wednesday now, too. Around 3 pm.

When I drop down to 0.8 FTE I'll probably have one set day off and one rotating day off.

Comment

Fridays off for me

Comment

thursday afternoons.  that way to take a long weekend, i only have to cancel my friday, and i dont operate on fridays so it works pretty good for me.

Comment

I have experimented with Wednesdays and Fridays off and I prefer Wednesdays. Never work more than 2 days in a row.

Comment

FM doc, I'm off every Friday and love the three day weekends. Almost feels like working part time.

Comment

If you have kids then absolutely Monday or Friday if it's not a financial killer.

It's not just the 3 day weekends during the summer, but schools have random Mon/Fri off during the year that you can take advantage of throughout the year by just being off and being able to do things and not have to send them to a babysitter or daycamp or whatever those days.

An alt-brown look at medicine, money, faith, & family
                              www.RogueDadMD.com

Comment

Wow way more people on here that have scheduled weekdays off then I would've thought. How many work a full five day M-F week? Or for others how quickly into practice did you go to an abbreviated workweek?

Comment

Working...
                                X