which day off per week?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which day off per week?

I'm the beneficiary of a new partner and I can have one day off per week starting in July...my busiest easiest day is Friday so I don't think I should pick Friday, I'm thinking Monday but that's my second busiest day...but a 3 day weekend every week sounds good....what would you pick, why?

I vote 3 day weekend, I like Mondays off personally ( have every other Monday off now) and end early on Fridays.

Comment

I had Thursday for about ten years, and it worked well for me (personally) and my practice. Now, my day off floats, when I even get one. This fall, I will be working every other week (5 on, 5 off) and one in 16 weekends.

Comment

I have 3/4 mondays off, it used to be tuesday. I like the mondays but its strangely harder than i thought (sorry to offend you super docs out there) working four days in a row, but will likely be used to it in a week or two. Weekends are very long, which is nice, but week is also longer which is different. Used to be work mon, off w-f, off 2 days. I prefer the current but odd how you are in a total routine and changing is hard, I couldnt tell what day was what the first 2 weeks.

Comment

Depends on what you do.   Primary care the best days and most common are Wed/Thursday.   We schedule our meetings on those days because of this too.

Comment

It's a tough decision. I feel bad for you!

Personally I like my Wednesday post call days off to split up the week. But my post call day off varies from week to week. Oh well.

Comment

You count meetings and post call days as off? That isnt right at all.

Comment

I'd pick Friday's if you are a PCP. If it's mid-week then you have more stuff to catch up on when you come back. Not to mention it's harder to plan short get aways and relax with a mid week day off.

Comment

No debate here. FRIDAY!!!!!!

Comment

I've had Wednesday's off for over 15 years and I love the fact that I never work more then two days in a row.

Comment

I have Wednesday's off (and half day Friday). I love having a day off I the middle of the week. I get nothing done because of three little kids, but it breaks up the work week. It's great never working more than two days in a row.

Comment

I like the idea of Monday or Friday to get that 3 day weekend.

My neighbor is a dentist who takes off Wednesdays so that he never works more than 2 days in a row.

I myself have Thursday afternoons and Friday afternoons off so that I get an additional "day off" per week. Of course, I ended up working a full day today anyway when garbage from the morning poured into my afternoon. Don't be like me

Comment

MONDAY!

Comment

The other thing I like about monday is that flights seem to be easier/cheaper. Depending on your office you might also have a lot of the weekend layover of pts wanting to see a doc, and you happen to be around, dont miss that at all.

Comment

Keep your Tuesdays and Thursdays. If Friday then Monday are your biggest money makers, I would vote for Wednesdays off to break up the week and never work more than 2 days consecutively, like @RDB.

Comment

Working...
                              X