All the time including patients
    8.64%
    Mostly to just other medical providers
    61.73%
    Never or very rarely
    18.52%
    Pick and choose
    11.11%

It was not an option but I selectively gave my cell number to patients.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatton View Post
      After a few more additions I will start getting complaints that my poll is too complicated and possibly sexist.

Comment

+1 (local area code) 867-5309.

Feel free to call or text me any time. If you don't hear from me and feel that your symptoms are urgent, please dial 911.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatton View Post
          Same here.

Comment

Originally posted by Lordosis View Post
            After a few more additions I will start getting complaints that my poll is too complicated and possibly sexist.
            When a world famous person brings their kid and says “Can I give you my cell number?” does it count telling him to feel free to call you directly?
            Just one exception but he has zero need to go through the office. I wish I had it. I would text him when I see him on some of the ESPN fillers they have been running. Maybe that’s why she keeps it confidential.
            Only Celebrities or Famous would be so hard to define. Never mind.

Comment

Surgeon.

Providers - always

Patients - only after surgery for immediate postop period (although a few abuse it). Ask them only to text me.

Comment

Every time a physician calls himself a provider, God kills a kitten.

Please think of the kittens.

Comment

Originally posted by Lithium View Post

I can’t stand when people say provider, but cats suck. Now I’m torn about what to do.

Comment

wow, that is rough!
                    Our passion is protecting clients and others from predatory and ignorant advisors. Fox & Co CPAs, Fox & Co Wealth Mgmt. 270-247-6087

Comment

Yikes.

I don’t see that anyone here has called themself a provider. I do see, however, that providers has been used as an umbrella term likely encompassIng other physicians, NPs, PAs, Dentists and ODs, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by wa2106 View Post
                        Surgeon.

Providers - always

Patients - only after surgery for immediate postop period (although a few abuse it). Ask them only to text me.
                        Similar. I call every surgical patient the night of and check on them and tell them to call me any time. Rarely abused and patients seem to really appreciate it. Occasionally really comes in handy when issues arise and I can nip them in the bud. In a normal week I do ~25 surgeries.

How do you limit it to post op only? Eventually those immediate post ops becomes 3 month post ops and 1 year post ops and your number is still in their phone...

I also use a google voice number that routes to my cell so I reserve the right to ditch it in the future. It receives calls and texts exactly the same and is free.
                        Last edited by TheDangerZone; 05-22-2020, 08:32 PM.

Comment

For patients only, I use a second business cell phone for this purpose, with a low cost service plan. We also use it daily to send appointment reminders, general health notices, new services updates, telehealth, etc. Responses not requiring medical decision making are managed by staff, ie. appointment scheduling. Keeps patients engaged from a marketing standpoint.

Billy, Billy don't you lose my number
                          'Cause you're not anywhere
                          That I can find you
                          Oh, now, Billy, Billy don't you lose my number
                          "Cause you're not anywhere
                          That I can find you

Comment

Isn't it only a problem every 9th time?

Comment

A patient told me today that her primary care physician asked that I call her sometime to discuss the patients medications. I had a very slow clinic day, so just for kicks I decided to give it a try. After waiting on hold and going through an extensive teleprompter, then providing the patients name, home address, date of birth to identify the patient (the person who picked up would not pass along the message unless I confirmed the identity of the patient), I left my cell phone and waited for a call back in the morning. After I did not receive a call back in the morning, I was bored and decided to repeat the process in the afternoon. I probably spent some 20 minutes on hold/going through teleprompters trying to get through to this provider who never did call me back. I don't know why providers put up so many barriers to other physicians trying to get a hold of them to discuss patient care issues. I chose the word providers on purpose in this instance.

Comment

Working...
                              X