Shopping/online deals for HCW- e.g. Northface

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shopping/online deals for HCW- e.g. Northface

Just thought I'd mention a few deals for healthcare workers. Feel free to share if other deals

1) Northface is offering 50% off non-sale items for Healthcare workers from now to the end of the year. You can request promo code for separate purchases.
    2) Burton has 50% off for HCW as well but have to register for Performer discount card
    3) Free flights for HCW who are flying and volunteering in "COVID hotspots" (e.g. Delta)

Mazda free oil change.

Comment

50% off northface AKA 25% more expensive then it should be

Still nice of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Lordosis View Post
        50% off northface AKA 25% more expensive then it should be

Still nice of them.
        I heard about the North Face deal and told my wife. Since I never buy myself any clothes she encouraged me to look and get some stuff. I saw how much their non-sale stuff was and noped right out of that website.

Comment

Re: The North Face, just like healthcare, good gear can be expensive. Granted, much of that stuff is used for the harrowing expedition from apartment to office/gym/coffee...but you never know when the subway may go bonkers, forcing you to endure the elements to find a cab.

Anyhow. There is the free crocs deal, but I have tried 5 or 6 times and didnt get it. I would think it was a sham, except two of our nurses got a totally free pair.

Comment

I got some nice winter jacket on sale for 25 bucks at academy, Magellan, I have some of their fishing shirts and they are nice (those were 6 bucks on clearance). Comparable, truly, shirts and jackets for columbia/nf are 50-65 and 3-400. Its stupid, they are not that much better for walking into work than those.

Comment

For whatever reason, I was always a Patagonia guy (over North Face). That said, my favorite shirt ever is North Face brand. The material is lightweight, synthetic, wicking, and feels like silk. I only have one, but if I ever see/feel it again, I will buy ten more and wear nothing else.

Comment

One sibling has had their North Face jacket for >16 years.
                Another sibling for >5 years.
                Niece > 4 years.

All of them agree they are never cold in their jackets. So it does seem like this may be one item worth the cost.

I have a $20 hoodie I use fall-winter-spring for the past 4 winters. Last month I had to stitch a hole that I noticed when meeting a fellow doctor. I used polyester suture because I don't know how to sew. If you don't know the hole was there, you wouldn't know. Maybe. Possibly. Perhaps.
                $1 saved = >$1 earned. ✓

Comment

Originally posted by VagabondMD View Post
                  For whatever reason, I was always a Patagonia guy (over North Face). That said, my favorite shirt ever is North Face brand. The material is lightweight, synthetic, wicking, and feels like silk. I only have one, but if I ever see/feel it again, I will buy ten more and wear nothing else.
                  I love fleece jackets. Favorite is Patagonia also. Wearing one right now. Like NorthFace also. Columbia ok.

Comment

BP is offering 50 cents off per gallon after online verification. Limit 20 gallons, one time.

https://www.bp.com/en_us/united-stat...al-heroes.html

Comment

I don't see an option to verify ID as a physician on the ID.me website. Am I missing something?

Comment

When I click on “get my code” it takes me to id.me with the 4th option listed as Doctor.

Comment

Sorry I went to the ID.me website directly and created an account. From there, there is no option to choose physician. From the BP link, you can do it. Just verified to get my 50c/gal savings for 20 gals.

Comment

Neiman Marcus shoppers! Better hurry! Boom goes the dynamite!
                            https://www.axios.com/neiman-marcus-...ea8ee6bb7.html

Comment

Originally posted by VagabondMD View Post
                              I’d still recommend wearing pants.

Comment

Working...
                              X