Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• StarTrekDoc
    replied
    San Diego is an exercise and bike friendly town. Yet, it's populated with bunches of distracted bafoon bafoons.

Seen way too many bike accidents where total responsibility is the car. Stay on the trails. At least you have a better chance with the snakes

Leave a comment:

• burritos
    replied
    Originally posted by Tangler View Post

Only if you don’t get smashed by a car and sustain a head injury.

Might be unpopular to say, but i will say it: Bicycling on roads is a bad idea.

Distracted drivers. Be careful.

I broke my arm then stopped.
    Good point. Head trauma can definitely lead to neuronal destruction/implosion. Ferroptosis is a primary intermediary cellular step if you’re interested.

I’ve had 2 concussions from biking and 1 from MVA. Not fun.

https://www.frontiersin.org/articles...020.00218/full
    Last edited by burritos; 04-19-2022, 08:37 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Kamban
    replied

For this reason my biking has been only on the rails to trails paths and not on roads and bike lanes. I see too many cars enter the bike lane without looking or indicating in order to make a right hand turn.
    Last edited by Kamban; 07-12-2022, 08:04 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Lordosis
    replied

Just be careful boss.
    You got it!

But I also have an ideal situation with a slower country road the whole way. I do not mess around with any major roads.

Leave a comment:

• Tangler
    replied
    Originally posted by Lordosis View Post
    Share the road!

I made my first trip in for the season last week. But I had to pick up kids yesterday and tomorrow after work and today this stupid April blizzard is messing up my plans. Hoping for Thursday and Friday! I know I said it all last summer but I wish I figured it out years ago. Not only is it so enjoyable but if I bike I skip my evening workout saving me an hour. Win win win!
    Just be careful boss.

Leave a comment:

• Lordosis
    replied
    Share the road!

I made my first trip in for the season last week. But I had to pick up kids yesterday and tomorrow after work and today this stupid April blizzard is messing up my plans. Hoping for Thursday and Friday! I know I said it all last summer but I wish I figured it out years ago. Not only is it so enjoyable but if I bike I skip my evening workout saving me an hour. Win win win!

Leave a comment:

• Tangler
    replied
    Originally posted by burritos View Post
    Still biking to work? It helps with neurodegeneration.

Leave a comment:

• White.Beard.Doc
    replied
    I ride a regular mountain bike in the woods every morning. But I have a new ebike for commuting to the hospital. It takes me 5 minutes to drive, and 6 minutes on the ebike. My ebike is very fast and the parking is so much easier with the bike. The valet guys are my buddies (generous tipper, hah!) so they take care of my bike.

Leave a comment:

• burritos
    replied
    Still biking to work? It helps with neurodegeneration.

Leave a comment:

• Lithium
    replied
    Originally posted by oocyte_ View Post
    Looking around at these posts it seems like most of the bikers here are men who don't smell or sweat. I've been biking in the city for years and will be graduating soon. 1000% I end up full sweat, red-faced and hair this way and that from helmet wearing. And I don't consider myself a particularly vain person but as a woman I'd like to find out how other women are not looking like garbage after a full commute? What do you wear (or don't wear before and after)? Do you wear makeup (because that ish will run in a minute) Thanks!
    I’ve only cycled to a hospital with a gym and shower personally. I’m not vain at all but I live in an area with lots of hills and don’t want to smell like a farm animal on rounds.

Leave a comment:

• burritos
    replied
    Originally posted by pierre View Post
    I’m starting my first attending job in a few weeks. My commute will be a relatively flat 1.5 miles. I didn’t have an old bike in the basement to dust off, and I’m not as frugal as Lordosis, so I bought a Specialized Roll Sport. I’m looking forward to the bike commute.
    That is a nice looking bike. Congrats. I am jealous.

Leave a comment:

• oocyte_
    replied
    Looking around at these posts it seems like most of the bikers here are men who don't smell or sweat. I've been biking in the city for years and will be graduating soon. 1000% I end up full sweat, red-faced and hair this way and that from helmet wearing. And I don't consider myself a particularly vain person but as a woman I'd like to find out how other women are not looking like garbage after a full commute? What do you wear (or don't wear before and after)? Do you wear makeup (because that ish will run in a minute) Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• pierre
    replied
    I’m starting my first attending job in a few weeks. My commute will be a relatively flat 1.5 miles. I didn’t have an old bike in the basement to dust off, and I’m not as frugal as Lordosis, so I bought a Specialized Roll Sport. I’m looking forward to the bike commute.

Leave a comment:

• Lithium
    replied
    Originally posted by Bmac View Post
    $1200 for an 8 day bike trip that includes organizing campsites, food and other logistics doesn’t seem that bad, tbh. Think what a 3-4 day vacation to Disney-world world cost.
    I pay less than $200 for one tour but that pretty much just covers the bag shuttle. The other one I do is $600 for six days and comes with more perks. $1200 is kinda ridiculous though ~$500 - $1000 doesn’t matter that much in the long run

Leave a comment:

• Bmac
    replied
    $1200 for an 8 day bike trip that includes organizing campsites, food and other logistics doesn’t seem that bad, tbh. Think what a 3-4 day vacation to Disney-world world cost.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X