Please give me your details on biking to work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tangler View Post

Only if you don’t get smashed by a car and sustain a head injury.

Might be unpopular to say, but i will say it: Bicycling on roads is a bad idea.

Distracted drivers. Be careful.

I broke my arm then stopped.
    For this reason my biking has been only on the rails to trails paths and not on roads and bike lanes. I see to many cars enter the bike lane without looking or indicating in order to make a right hand turn.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tangler View Post

Only if you don’t get smashed by a car and sustain a head injury.

Might be unpopular to say, but i will say it: Bicycling on roads is a bad idea.

Distracted drivers. Be careful.

I broke my arm then stopped.
      Good point. Head trauma can definitely lead to neuronal destruction/implosion. Ferroptosis is a primary intermediary cellular step if you’re interested.

https://youtu.be/Fz_sSV-wo5I

I’ve had 2 concussions from biking and 1 from MVA. Not fun.

https://www.frontiersin.org/articles...020.00218/full
      Last edited by burritos; 04-19-2022, 07:37 AM.

Comment

• San Diego is an exercise and bike friendly town. Yet, it's populated with bunches of distracted bafoon bafoons.

Seen way too many bike accidents where total responsibility is the car. Stay on the trails. At least you have a better chance with the snakes

Comment

• Originally posted by StarTrekDoc View Post
          San Diego is an exercise and bike friendly town. Yet, it's populated with bunches of distracted bafoon bafoons.

Seen way too many bike accidents where total responsibility is the car. Stay on the trails. At least you have a better chance with the snakes
          One of my concussions was veering off track while trying to avoid a snake. My buddy also had his rear tire blown out when a rattlesnake bit his MTB tire. Fortunately it was the tire that got hit and not his leg.

Comment

• Originally posted by White.Beard.Doc View Post
            I ride a regular mountain bike in the woods every morning. But I have a new ebike for commuting to the hospital. It takes me 5 minutes to drive, and 6 minutes on the ebike. My ebike is very fast and the parking is so much easier with the bike. The valet guys are my buddies (generous tipper, hah!) so they take care of my bike.
            Do you have to pay for valet! And what kind of ebike do you have(I’m sure this is going to make me jeaous)? How long have you been bike commuting?

Comment

• Originally posted by burritos View Post

One of my concussions was veering off track while trying to avoid a snake. My buddy also had his rear tire blown out when a rattlesnake bit his MTB tire. Fortunately it was the tire that got hit and not his leg.
              True.

Still better your bike and head vs hood of car and concrete block.

Comment

Working...
              X