Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Medical Discussion of Coronavirus

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I received two Pfizers in January. I boosted with Moderna in August. Would you all go and get the second dose of Moderna, a third dose of Pfizer, or hang tight?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by snowcanyon View Post
      I received two Pfizers in January. I boosted with Moderna in August. Would you all go and get the second dose of Moderna, a third dose of Pfizer, or hang tight?
      Not sure if this is a serious question or not, but you know the fda just did not approve a third dose, right?

      Comment


      • Originally posted by snowcanyon View Post
        I received two Pfizers in January. I boosted with Moderna in August. Would you all go and get the second dose of Moderna, a third dose of Pfizer, or hang tight?
        Wait, you're asking about a 4th dose?

        Comment


        • Lol it's on a different vax card, so I don't know what restrictions I might ultimately face....

          Comment


          • Originally posted by CordMcNally View Post

            Wait, you're asking about a 4th dose?
            At some point, I’d be worried the implanted chips may negatively cross-react with each other.

            (sarcasm in case some of y’all are so triggered you can’t tell it’s a joke)

            Comment


            • Originally posted by snowcanyon View Post
              Lol it's on a different vax card, so I don't know what restrictions I might ultimately face....
              There's barely data that you need a 3rd shot. 4th is really jumping the gun.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by CordMcNally View Post

                There's barely data that you need a 3rd shot. 4th is really jumping the gun.
                Agreed. I just worry about having two different cards- I'd like to go to Europe fairly soon, and they are planning on requiring third doses to be considered fully vaxed.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by snowcanyon View Post

                  Agreed. I just worry about having two different cards- I'd like to go to Europe fairly soon, and they are planning on requiring third doses to be considered fully vaxed.
                  How come you don’t just write in your third dose on your original card? Ours were all hand written anyway. Whoever needs to see your card won’t know the difference.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by snowcanyon View Post

                    Agreed. I just worry about having two different cards- I'd like to go to Europe fairly soon, and they are planning on requiring third doses to be considered fully vaxed.
                    Does your state track it? We can get a nice little print out that looks much more official than the middle school art project from the CDC.

                    My understanding is that it is all in an app, it's not like you're whipping out your card(s) whenever you go on a tour or go out to eat.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by VentAlarm View Post

                      At some point, I’d be worried the implanted chips may negatively cross-react with each other.

                      (sarcasm in case some of y’all are so triggered you can’t tell it’s a joke)
                      Not as bad as those who fly off the handle when the word mandate is uttered.

                      Fyi. The board did actually mention HCW is high risk category and said it should be considered but did not have an actual vote on it.

                      Comment


                      • I scanned my two different vaccine cards into my phone. Just in case.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by snowcanyon View Post
                          I received two Pfizers in January. I boosted with Moderna in August. Would you all go and get the second dose of Moderna, a third dose of Pfizer, or hang tight?
                          Probably time to start the Ivermectin.

                          Comment


                          • Did anybody watch any of the fda meeting today? I just tuned in for 2 seconds and noted that once again they were clearly zooming powerpoints with home furnishings in the background. I didn't see a bed in the background like I did in the zoom meetings where they approved the vaccine, but at least one of them was clearly zooming from their living room. I would just suggest that people who have been clearly working from home and don't feel comfortable going to their office to zoom a meeting which they know will be broadcast nationally should not be responsible for determining who should get booster shots or approving vaccines. It's no wonder that you would feel no urgency to approve boosters or a vaccine if you have zooming your way to work throughout this pandemic. NEJM published booster data last week, they have been sitting on the original data for far longer then that. They really should have front line practicing doctors making these sorts of decisions. I can't imagine what some grocery store cashier watching these elderly folks in ties zooming with their home furnishings in the background must be thinking
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	zoom fda.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.96 MB ID:	293120

                            Comment


                            • “Complicating matters in the discussion of data Friday was the fact that U.S. and Israel differed in how they characterize severe illness from COVID-19. Still, the data largely focused on mild infections.”

                              Soooo.... some debate was made, not about the booster, but about availability and global allocations.
                              ”A Pfizer official acknowledged that "its a much more complex story" than just antibody titers — even as the company relied on that data to advocate for additional doses.

                              Meanwhile, some who opposed third doses believed those doses could be better used in countries with low vaccination rates.”

                              So the drumbeat goes on. the goal posts seems to be moving. Mild infections seem to be what the data showed.

                              Sorry, once recommended, the push will be for every high school to require a booster too.

                              The wildcard is the CDC is still to vote. Since they seem to follow the recommendations of the teachers union, who knows how they will vote?
                              Boosters have been pushed, not based on science but profits from “mild infections”.

                              I wish we would have gotten a straight answer.
                              Realistically, I trust anecdotal opinions here more than I trust FDA and CDC on Covid vaccines.

                              Is the problem with break though cases really “mild infections” for healthy vaccinated people?

                              Need a Lordosis poll. Geez.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by nephron View Post
                                Did anybody watch any of the fda meeting today? I just tuned in for 2 seconds and noted that once again they were clearly zooming powerpoints with home furnishings in the background. I didn't see a bed in the background like I did in the zoom meetings where they approved the vaccine, but at least one of them was clearly zooming from their living room. I would just suggest that people who have been clearly working from home and don't feel comfortable going to their office to zoom a meeting which they know will be broadcast nationally should not be responsible for determining who should get booster shots or approving vaccines. It's no wonder that you would feel no urgency to approve boosters or a vaccine if you have zooming your way to work throughout this pandemic. NEJM published booster data last week, they have been sitting on the original data for far longer then that. They really should have front line practicing doctors making these sorts of decisions. I can't imagine what some grocery store cashier watching these elderly folks in ties zooming with their home furnishings in the background must be thinking
                                Click image for larger version Name:	zoom fda.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.96 MB ID:	293120
                                I'm just thankful the old people were able to get their computers turned on and stopped using the CD tray as a drink holder.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X