Medical Discussion of Coronavirus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hatton View Post
    I just caught up on this thread. It is mind-boggling to me that a physician could oppose vaccination. It is obvious to me that anyone working in any type of health care facility should be vaccinated. This includes food service workers and custodians. This includes home health aides. How could you live with yourself if you infected a chemo patient? I believe in freedom but spreading infection harms others. Sometimes things just have to be mandated like motorcycle helmets and seat belts. I am sorry that Tuskegee happened but we need to move on and recognize that this virus is more deadly than the vaccine. HCW need to be role models to the general public. If we mistrust vaccines how can we expect the public to get them. I favor vaccine mandates.
    Thanks! You said it better than I can. I tried to be nice and discuss it. I was not very convincing. I'm kinda done.

@jacoavlu........ You confuse me. You are OK with mandates for MMR but not covid 19 vaccines because_____ .

You would rather stand up for a persons "right" to Not get appropriate preventive healthcare [a safe FDA approved vaccine that millions have taken (including you) during a pandemic] than to encourage people to be responsible and get vaccinated to protect the vulnerable and possibly themselves.

People listen to doctors. Doctors have a responsibility to encourage safe vaccines and preventive medicine.

I go back to my original. We just don't agree. I'm moving on.

Comment

• Originally posted by jacoavlu View Post

knowingly spreading of HIV not ok in my opinion

HIV is a different illness for a young adult vs covid.
      Okay - let's use 25-35 group

https://www.worldlifeexpectancy.com/...age-and-gender
      https://data.cdc.gov/NCHS/Provisiona...-Age/9bhg-hcku

HIV/AIDS mortality #16 - 486 deaths
      COVID 19 mortality: 4900 (year-to-date data only -- 8 months.) simple prorate is 7350 without counting Delta surge -- puts this at #3

15-24?
      COVID 19 1131 year-to-date. Places #5 -- behind - accidents, suicide and homicide

So HIV not ok; but okay to spread another virus just because respiratory vs sexual choice?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tangler View Post

Thanks! You said it better than I can. I tried to be nice and discuss it. I was not very convincing. I'm kinda done.

@jacoavlu........ You confuse me. You are OK with mandates for MMR but not covid 19 vaccines because_____ .

You would rather stand up for a persons "right" to Not get appropriate preventive healthcare [a safe FDA approved vaccine that millions have taken (including you) during a pandemic] than to encourage people to be responsible and get vaccinated to protect the vulnerable and possibly themselves.

People listen to doctors. Doctors have a responsibility to encourage safe vaccines and preventive medicine.

I go back to my original. We just don't agree. I'm moving on.
        again you conflate anti mandate w anti vaccine.

i will say again for you that one can be pro vaccine and anti mandate.

MMR, those diseases kill and sicken our children

i hope you can appreciate the difference

Comment

• Originally posted by G View Post
          Ah, I see this thread has taken a turn to philosophy: freedom of personal choice for Americans... until the melena hits the fan at which point society is legally and morally obligated to help the individual American. Dietary indiscretion, unhelmeted motorcycling, credit default swaps, living below sea level in a hurricane zone, and vaccine refusal. All of these things affect each of us in our society. But make no mistake, some affect us more directly than the others.
          Well said.

Comment

• Originally posted by StarTrekDoc View Post

Okay - let's use 25-35 group

https://www.worldlifeexpectancy.com/...age-and-gender
            https://data.cdc.gov/NCHS/Provisiona...-Age/9bhg-hcku

HIV/AIDS mortality #16 - 486 deaths
            COVID 19 mortality: 4900 (year-to-date data only -- 8 months.) simple prorate is 7350 without counting Delta surge -- puts this at #3

15-24?
            COVID 19 1131 year-to-date. Places #5 -- behind - accidents, suicide and homicide

So HIV not ok; but okay to spread another virus just because respiratory vs sexual choice?

so HIV and covid are the same for a young adult. is that the point you are trying to make?

i know which one i would rather my children be infected with

Comment

”crazy person talk” that a person should be able to choose what happens to their own body ?

lol is that your position ?
              You speak as if nurses are sneaking into people’s homes and blowing the vaccine into the holdouts with blow darts.

If people don’t want the vaccine, they can still say no.

Comment

again you conflate anti mandate w anti vaccine.

i will say again for you that one can be pro vaccine and anti mandate.

MMR, those diseases kill and sicken our children

i hope you can appreciate the difference

So it is OK because this disease kills mostly the old?

1. I think every employer has the right = mandate = duty, to fire / terminate / suspend without pay, any healthcare working who refuses to get vaccinated. (call it mandate or right or whatever you want)

2. I think the vaccines are extremely safe. Much safer than covid for elderly and immunocompromised.

3. I think most (almost all) healthcare workers encounter old / immunocompromised patients, and they can expose these people.

Do you disagree with those statements? If so, we should just agree to disagree.

If you don't disagree with those statements then I find you a very confusing human who is arguing because__________________

Comment

• Originally posted by Lithium View Post

You speak as if nurses are sneaking into people’s homes and blowing the vaccine into the holdouts with blow darts.

If people don’t want the vaccine, they can still say no.
                  “speak as if”

again you are inferring much more from what i said, than what i said

what i said is pretty fundamentally simple and straightforward

strawman approach you take

Comment

“speak as if”

again you are inferring much more from what i said, than what i said

what i said is pretty fundamentally simple and straightforward

strawman approach you take
                    How are people being deprived of the choice of what they do with their own body? The choice is still yes or no. This isn’t abortion where prior to 1973 the only legal choice was no.

What am I missing?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tangler View Post

So it is OK because this disease kills mostly the old?

1. I think every employer has the right = mandate = duty, to fire / terminate / suspend without pay, any healthcare working who refuses to get vaccinated. (call it mandate or right or whatever you want)

2. I think the vaccines are extremely safe. Much safer than covid for elderly and immunocompromised.

3. I think most (almost all) healthcare workers encounter old / immunocompromised patients, and they can expose these people.

Do you disagree with those statements? If so, we should just agree to disagree.

If you don't disagree with those statements then I find you a very confusing human who is arguing because__________________
                      i agree with all your statements

that doesn’t mean one has to support mandated vaccination and loss of civil liberties for those that choose not to get vaccinated

Comment

How are people being deprived of the choice of what they do with their own body? The choice is still yes or no. This isn’t abortion where prior to 1973 the only legal choice was no.

What am I missing?
                        have you observed what is happening in NYC or parts of canada and australia?

Comment

• if unvaccinated people weren't acting as incubation centers for the next insane variant(s) i wouldn't care nearly as much about the whole thing

Comment

have you observed what is happening in NYC or parts of canada and australia?
                            Is this in regards to vaccine “mandates?”

Comment

Is this in regards to vaccine “mandates?”
                              uh yeah

Comment

define “they”
                                This is a fun game.

Define "define".

Comment

Working...