No announcement yet.

Medical Discussion of Coronavirus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know there’s no way to know, but I can’t help but wonder if there’s a correlation (either positive or negative) with the intensity of a person’s response to the vaccine and the likelihood that the person would have had a bad course of disease had they remained unvaccinated and caught COVID, given that it’s an out-of-control immune response to the virus that seems to do most of the damage in serious cases of COVID?

Comment

• I am simply amazed that in less than one year so many are describing side effects of Coronavirus 19 Vaccinations!

It is so easy to criticize, but let us not forget to say thank you to so many “unsung heroes”, from the admin support that scheduled the original research meeting to the person entering in the vaccination record for shot #2. All in less than one year. Unbelievable.

As far as the potential unused vaccines at the end of the day, reminds me of an blizzard at an airport. Book the earliest available flight, but allow “Standby”. No seat guaranteed, but check in three days in a row and you will get out (vaccinated). Eliminates empty seats and wasted vaccinations. Inconvenient, but so what.

Comment

• Originally posted by artemis View Post
        I know there’s no way to know, but I can’t help but wonder if there’s a correlation (either positive or negative) with the intensity of a person’s response to the vaccine and the likelihood that the person would have had a bad course of disease had they remained unvaccinated and caught COVID, given that it’s an out-of-control immune response to the virus that seems to do most of the damage in serious cases of COVID?
        It appears likely to be inversely proportional, perhaps. Young healthy people are more likely to get more severe vaccine responses, while elderly people tend to get less severe reactions. The opposite of severity trends for actual Covid infections.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lordosis View Post
          Actually I feel better now after the second one then I did after the first one. I am post 24 hours now so I hope I am past the worst of it. I could easily have worked if I got it mid week.

Seems this reaction is highly variable on the person.
          Presumably had COVID after an exposure over the summer based on a positive antibody test, but did not develop symptoms at the time of the exposure. Have now had both shots with only a sore arm to show for it.

Comment

• Got my second shot of the Pfizer vaccine yesterday morning. Just a bit of arm soreness this time, less than I had with the first dose. None of the flu-like symptoms some others have reported (mercifully).

Still waiting for the 5G reception to set in. Not feeling any 5G vibrations yet...

Comment

• artemis - It's new the RFID chipping. Minimal symptoms - just a mild headache while it implants.

Comment

• Jealous of you lucky ducks with no symptoms. I didn't even have a sore arm with the first, but I feel pretty stinking miserable after the second.

If immunity requires frequent boosters, it will be a hard sell.

Comment

• Update my older brother who is 77 and in liver failure got vaccinated in Austin yesterday along with his 75 year old wife. My nephew who works in IT at a large hospital in Austin got one of those leftover doses. So the vaccine is really starting to roll out.

Comment

• Originally posted by G View Post
                    Jealous of you lucky ducks with no symptoms. I didn't even have a sore arm with the first, but I feel pretty stinking miserable after the second.

If immunity requires frequent boosters, it will be a hard sell.
                    Same here. Mild arm soreness after first shot but had about 18 hours of shaking chills, myalgia, headache and fatigue after the second. Then back to feeling normal. The symptoms’ quick on quick off is really strange

Comment

• Got the second vaccine yesterday so will give the obligatory report - arm more sore and swollen than last time, had some myalgias this AM that were mostly gone by noon. I had today off anyway, I suspect I could have worked today but glad I didn't have to decide first thing in the AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by artemis View Post
                        I know there’s no way to know, but I can’t help but wonder if there’s a correlation (either positive or negative) with the intensity of a person’s response to the vaccine and the likelihood that the person would have had a bad course of disease had they remained unvaccinated and caught COVID, given that it’s an out-of-control immune response to the virus that seems to do most of the damage in serious cases of COVID?
                        Yeah, interesting. Certainly could be the case.

But for sake of discussion....What about the opposite? Older adults more likely to have a bad outcome with covid disease...and less likely to have side effects from vaccine.

Would be interested to know the side effect profile of the patients who got the vaccine but then also developed Covid. Did they have vaccine side effects?

Comment

• There were 8 patients in the pfizer vaccine trial who got the vaccine and the virus, while there were 11 patients in the Moderna group who got the vaccine and the virus. They probably could get another nejm publication just out of detailing those 19 patients side effects from the vaccine, diet, anti-pyretic usage, how deep the needle penetrated, how long the vaccine had been refrigerated, etc. Maybe they could get a medical student to call all 19 patients and map out their days around the vaccine administration time. Maybe they all had trouble sleeping the night before and only got 6 hours of sleep.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hatton View Post
                            Update my older brother who is 77 and in liver failure got vaccinated in Austin yesterday along with his 75 year old wife. My nephew who works in IT at a large hospital in Austin got one of those leftover doses. So the vaccine is really starting to roll out.
                            Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. At the current rate of vaccination we're still looking at about 5 yrs to vaccinate everyone in the US with two shots. Maybe knock a couple of years off if we exclude those who don't want it. We're still more at a crawl than any kind of roll.

Comment

• Originally posted by AR View Post

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. At the current rate of vaccination we're still looking at about 5 yrs to vaccinate everyone in the US with two shots. Maybe knock a couple of years off if we exclude those who don't want it. We're still more at a crawl than any kind of roll.
                              Think we have seen this play out before. Getting tested used to be extremely difficult.

Comment

• Originally posted by AR View Post

huh they're doing over a million a day now and it's going to keep rising. that would be like 1 year and obviously as the number rises that time will decrease. I bet they will hit 3-5 million per day within the next couple weeks as they open it up to everyday people.

Comment

Working...
                                X