No announcement yet.

Medical Discussion of Coronavirus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would feel great if women of child bearing age get the full vaccine course, then conceive and deliver healthy children who over the years show no adverse effects from mom's vaccine.

Unfortunately that will take a few years, which I don't want to wait. And we're done having kids, so not a worry for us. I'll probably go in February. I'm not true first line, anyway.

But I will hold off on my kids, under age 15, maybe a couple years.

Comment

• We started COVID vaccination today for those of us on the front lines who wanted it. I don’t like to be the first one giving or getting novel treatments, but I realize the problems that might arise from the vaccine are likely beyond my calculation, and certainly beyond the timeline where we will know the long term effects.

I did not rush in to get mine today, but I’m starting to realize that we won’t know much more in a month or two either way. It’s going to be a “jump out of the plane and hope the parachute opens” type of situation,
      which I’m fairly accustomed to, in a figurative sense.... it likely will.

In the past few weeks, two group partner docs and the unit secretary and the resident I was working with for several shifts in a row, all got COVID. They all had mild symptoms and returned to work.

But why delay the inevitable.... I’m pretty close to just taking the plunge and getting it over with. Even though I’m not enthused.

“There was blood upon the risers, there were brains upon the chute... Intestines were a-danglin’ from his paratrooper’s suit.....
      He was a mess, they picked him up and poured him out his boots, and he ain’t gonna jump no more.....”.

Last edited by Jaqen Haghar MD; 12-16-2020, 06:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaqen Haghar MD View Post
        But why delay the inevitable.... I’m pretty close to just taking the plunge and getting it over with. Even though I’m not enthused.
        This is pretty close to where I am. We've already been told that it will become mandatory once it's fully authorized which is only a matter of time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lordosis View Post
          Okay they announced our plan. They will start scheduling outpatient physicians and staff next week. We might have to choose between the Pfizer and Moderna vaccine. Any suggestions if given the choice?
          I took the Pfizer vaccine today. Given the choice I would lean slightly towards the Moderna vaccine based on somewhat less likely side effects that would interfere with work (more frequent injection site pain, less fever/chills compared to Pfizer). However, a bird in the hand so I took the Pfizer vaccine.

Comment

• Hrmmm: https://www.nbcnews.com/nightly-news...-s-97878085534

Comment

• Fearful if that happens in a CVS/Rite Aid, etc once mass distribution happens. At least in the hospital setting, epinephrine is very easy to come by with people who are used to giving it in emergent situations.

Comment

We started COVID vaccination today for those of us on the front lines who wanted it. I don’t like to be the first one giving or getting novel treatments, but I realize the problems that might arise from the vaccine are likely beyond my calculation, and certainly beyond the timeline where we will know the long term effects.

I did not rush in to get mine today, but I’m starting to realize that we won’t know much more in a month or two either way. It’s going to be a “jump out of the plane and hope the parachute opens” type of situation,

In the past few weeks, two group partner docs and the unit secretary and the resident I was working with for several shifts in a row, all got COVID. They all had mild symptoms and returned to work.

“There was blood upon the risers, there were brains upon the chute... Intestines were a-danglin’ from his paratrooper’s suit.....
                He was a mess, they picked him up and poured him out his boots, and he ain’t gonna jump no more.....”.
                From work or community exposure?

Comment

• Originally posted by snowcanyon View Post

From work or community exposure?
                  1 or 2 possible from work, 2 or 3 likely from community... is the best guess, but who knows for sure.

My wife had someone in a small medical office she has been working at come down with it, a couple of days ago. She likely got it from a 1 on 1 personal trainer who got sick and tested positive a few days prior.

The doc who runs the practice is positive for antibodies, but never got sick.

Both of us still feel OK, but stuff like this has been going on around here since summer, so it’s not really that abnormal at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by billy View Post

Fearful if that happens in a CVS/Rite Aid, etc once mass distribution happens. At least in the hospital setting, epinephrine is very easy to come by with people who are used to giving it in emergent situations.
                    EMS brings epi fairly fast, don't you think?

I'm due to get my shot, drive-through, at the rodeo grounds!

Comment

• Got Pfizer today. I’m super low risk if I were to get covid and there’s almost no covid where I am but why wait.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lordosis View Post
                        Okay they announced our plan. They will start scheduling outpatient physicians and staff next week. We might have to choose between the Pfizer and Moderna vaccine. Any suggestions if given the choice?
                        CVS, Walgreens and Grocery clinics are desperately ramping up hiring of PHARMACISTS for vaccine administration.
                        Money sent out email to customers asking for referrals. Some have mentioned difficulty in employment. Might leverage into long term after the one year surge.

Comment

We started COVID vaccination today for those of us on the front lines who wanted it. I don’t like to be the first one giving or getting novel treatments, but I realize the problems that might arise from the vaccine are likely beyond my calculation, and certainly beyond the timeline where we will know the long term effects.

https://www.bmj.com/content/363/bmj.k5094

Comment

• dbl hrmmm: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/alaska-...h-care-worker/

Comment

• One health system here is pushing the docs to get it as soon as possible. The subtle message is or else .....you might have additional screenings, your admitting privileges might be suspended ...... not stated out in writing but I suspect once they get the majority of the staff vaccinated the carrots will be gone and out comes the stick.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kamban View Post
                                One health system here is pushing the docs to get it as soon as possible. The subtle message is or else .....you might have additional screenings, your admitting privileges might be suspended ...... not stated out in writing but I suspect once they get the majority of the staff vaccinated the carrots will be gone and out comes the stick.
                                What Carrots? Sounds more like threat of stick and then real stick.

Comment

Working...
                                X