Medical Discussion of Coronavirus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lordosis View Post

I don't get it. Is that a joke? Or do you really manage your ratios to that level?

The change I find in my couch would likely make a bigger impact then that. Unless we are talking about a very large portfolio
    I miscalculated by a decimal point. It was 1% rather than 0.1%.
    When Trump announced he had Covid,I bought 100k international. Then I thought in retrospect perhaps I should have bought double that. The point being, it didn’t prompt me to buy very much but I felt I was still under my target amount and used that excuse to buy some more.

I’m not saying that is the right thing to do or the right thinking, or strategy but that was my thinking at the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hatton View Post

From his posts Dontknowmind is a big picture investor not an indexer. Some people follow their portfolios very closely and try to trade on news. Some will bet on different countries and currencies. George Soros comes to mind. As the saying goes "there are many roads to Dublin". I index now but not always and I understand there are many ways to invest. Perhaps do not knock the investing style of someone with a larger net worth.
      You’re a gem Hatton and I still remember some excellent advice you gave me from 2018.
      Slowly I’m moving to full indexing, but like St Augustine, I keep saying, “Lord, make me an indexer, but not yet”.

I’ve at least moved towards an indexed amount of non-US allocation, so I expect to get there by 2024 maybe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dont_know_mind View Post

You’re a gem Hatton and I still remember some excellent advice you gave me from 2018.
        Slowly I’m moving to full indexing, but like St Augustine, I keep saying, “Lord, make me an indexer, but not yet”.

I’ve at least moved towards an indexed amount of non-US allocation, so I expect to get there by 2024 maybe.
        .01% reallocation certainly avoids any knee jerk reactions. Much better than trailing stops of .10%.

Comment

• Did Trump look short of breath when he got back to the WH balcony, took off his mask, and saluted as the helicopter took off?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nysoz View Post
            Did Trump look short of breath when he got back to the WH balcony, took off his mask, and saluted as the helicopter took off?
            some people are saying he looked short of breath, but I didn't think he did.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nysoz View Post
              Did Trump look short of breath when he got back to the WH balcony, took off his mask, and saluted as the helicopter took off?
              He probably is short of breath even on his normal day. :-)

Comment

• He was definitely short of breath. I cringed in sympathy with vivid flashbacks to something I had forgotten, how awful it felt to not be able to breathe when I was hospitalized for it a few years ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shant View Post
                  He was definitely short of breath. I cringed in sympathy with vivid flashbacks to something I had forgotten, how awful it felt to not be able to breathe when I was hospitalized for it a few years ago.
                  You had COVID a few years ago?

Comment

• We found patient zero!

Comment

• For shortness of breath, which I thought would be obvious, but apparently not!

Comment

• Here it is:
                        https://youtu.be/jyjZZmgz__M?t=42

3 days s/p covid pneumonia - climbing a flight of stairs with a mask, and he looks really good to me. I guess we see what we "want to see".

Comment

• Clearly not, or else his breathing would look great to me. Look at the video of him standing on the balcony, there are a few times he is clearly struggling to catch his breath in the way that I remember painfully well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shant View Post
                            Clearly not, or else his breathing would look great to me. Look at the video of him standing on the balcony, there are a few times he is clearly struggling to catch his breath in the way that I remember painfully well.
                            struggling to catch his breath? hmm..

Comment

• Wait a minute. We are asking whether a 74-year-old obese male looks like he has SOB after going up a flight (or two) of stairs and arguing about the significance? This is a forum of doctors right? lol

Comment

• Nytimes wrote an article and stated that he was gasping for air after climbing the stairs, then they quoted several doctors who stated he was using accessory muscles of respiration. I guess my definition of gasping for air is a bit different.

Comment

Working...
                                X