Click image for larger version

Name:	ios_large_1409271341_1382470443_image.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	190404

Comment

Originally posted by CFEonline View Post
      Enough that if I don't have coffee I feel like I'm having a SAH
      When the stomach bug hit out house a few months ago and I couldn't drink coffee for a few days I learned how strong a physical dependence there is. 99% of the time there is no problems though and I am sticking with that.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerjw12 View Post
        I don't do it for the caffeine as much as the ritual or routine. The smell, the heat, the taste.

Speaking of taste, new poll: cream and or sugar? I drink it in its natural state, black and bitter.
        For sure habit is part of this. It is nice to be able to have a hot tasty no calorie beverage.

I have drank it black since 3rd year of med school when the choice was get it fast or go without.

Comment

Originally posted by ENT Doc View Post
          5 cups a day???? Please have yourself checked into rehab immediately.
          recently saw a patient who was referred for something unrelated. going through the pcp referral note, they said the patient gained 60 pounds over the past year. they're down to 6 mountain dews a day down from 12.

sure enough, for my evaluation they brought a mountain dew to their visit

Comment

Originally posted by Nysoz View Post

recently saw a patient who was referred for something unrelated. going through the pcp referral note, they said the patient gained 60 pounds over the past year. they're down to 6 mountain dews a day down from 12.

SMH. Sugar/calorie tax would fix that one right on up.

Comment

1 or 2 double espressos in the am, plus or minus milk/sugar depending on mood/time.
              usually a double espresso after lunch.
              I used to get bad caffeine withdrawal headaches, but now I don't. it's kinda like overactivity cauterized the nociceptors or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Lordosis View Post

Good point. Normal 8-12 oz cup is what I was thinking. So if you stop and grab a big gulp on your way in count it as 2-3 if appropriate.

Where is the option for “pots of coffee”?

Comment

I was definitely in the habit mode, or perhaps addition, for many years. Traced excess caffeine as a migraine trigger and cut back a lot. I try for < 3 cups a day, with the last one decaf. I'm usually successful...

Comment

SMH. Sugar/calorie tax would fix that one right on up.
                    No, there would just be less money to afford $4 antibiotic prescriptions.

Comment

Originally posted by Nysoz View Post

I will admit to occasionally drinking the green fluid. I actually prefer the diet MD. It is not something I buy to have on hand or seek out but if it is an option I will take it.

Comment

Originally posted by G View Post

No, there would just be less money to afford $4 antibiotic prescriptions.
                        ?

Comment

Just one cup, around 8 oz, every morning. I cut myself off a week before Ramadan comes around so my coffee withdrawal migraines don't coincide with my hunger headaches.

Comment

?
                            Ever have a patient that cant afford a cheap prescription but they still smoke 1-2 PPD? Taxing tobacco hasnt stopped poor decision making, nor will a sugar tax.

An additional irony is that the $4 amox rx is often related to the caries linked to that sugar.... And no data but I suspect bad teeth lead to worse employment leading to lower income leading to no dentist and worse teeth.

Comment

I appreciate these fluffy posts!

I hate the way coffee smells and I could never understand why you would drink coffee when you can drink hot chocolate ;-) I drink caffeine very rarely, I get the occasional diet Pepsi when it's actually served in a restaurant. I live in coke country, so it's hard to come by.

Comment

Originally posted by wideopenspaces View Post
                                I appreciate these fluffy posts!
                                I aim to please

Comment

Working...
                                X