Tesla

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by burritos View Post
    Going from 0-60 in 2 seconds seems like a dangerous feature. There are two rich people in my area going to jail for a long time for recently racing and running over 2 kids. I think killing other rich people's kids is one of the few things that rich people can't get away with.
    yikes. that is awful . Very sad for all involved. I am always astonished at how fast & reckless people drive. Perhaps i am getting old.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tangler View Post

yikes. that is awful . Very sad for all involved. I am always astonished at how fast & reckless people drive. Perhaps i am getting old.
      Perhaps?
      0-60 in 2 seconds is completely new in street legal vehicles. Quite honestly,society may end up limiting this. Or at least around a high school parking lot when classes let out.

Comment

My 3 year old likes to tell me to "punch it" when I am driving. One time it was coming out of a stop light and I didn't notice the tesla next to me. I didn't really accelerate that fast in my dad mobile minivan but the tesla must have thought it was a challenge and blew past me. He got pulled over two blocks up. It was glorious.

Comment

• A car doesn’t hit 60 in two seconds on its own.

Comment

• Very few cars are going to get a 2 flat 0-60 on a street. You're likely going to need a much better tire than what came from the factory, warm tires (i.e. after a burnout), and a prepped surface (i.e. not a random street). Nonetheless, cars are much, much faster from the factory than they used to be.

Comment

• At least Tesla’s have awd, traction control and whatever else tech rather than just rwd like a lot of those mustang/muscle car fail videos of them crashing

Comment

• Originally posted by Panscan View Post
                A car doesn’t hit 60 in two seconds on its own.
                Exactly! People are idiots

Comment

• Originally posted by Nysoz View Post
                  At least Tesla’s have awd, traction control and whatever else tech rather than just rwd like a lot of those mustang/muscle car fail videos of them crashing
                  Driving too fast is dumb and dangerous regardless of vehicle. Sorry to hijack the post, lets let people get back to loving their Tesla. I am not a Tesla person, but free country.....

Comment

Driving too fast is dumb and dangerous regardless of vehicle
                    Agreed

Comment

At least Tesla’s have awd, traction control and whatever else tech rather than just rwd like a lot of those mustang/muscle car fail videos of them crashing
                      AWD didn't save these Tesla 3 occupants. This wasn't even a Model S.

I was out on that road biking too earlier that morning. Fortunately they didn't take out any innocent bystanders. Unfortunately heavy price to pay for their mistake.

Comment

AWD didn't save these Tesla 3 occupants. This wasn't even a Model S.

I was out on that road biking too earlier that morning. Fortunately they didn't take out any innocent bystanders. Unfortunately heavy price to pay for their mistake.
                        Dumb people will drive too fast/crash in any car and it’s really sad for sure. I just meant that I haven’t seen many Tesla’s lose control and spin out from accelerating too fast like these.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=n71RKXgrgGQ

Comment

Dumb people will drive too fast/crash in any car and it’s really sad for sure. I just meant that I haven’t seen many Tesla’s lose control and spin out from accelerating too fast like these.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=n71RKXgrgGQ
                          I think the Mach E is awd. Not sure how much awd ameliorates stupidity.

Comment

I think the Mach E is awd. Not sure how much awd ameliorates stupidity.
                            Mach e has both RWD as well as AWD models, and both can come with standard and extended range versions.
                            Last edited by Kamban; 02-05-2021, 06:09 AM.

Comment

• I think it has more to do with stability/traction control than the awd part. when a tesla senses that it's losing traction/grip it cuts power to that motor I believe. or possibly applies brakes? I dunno but there's magic gremlins in there doing something

https://www.torquenews.com/4121/how-...ains%20control.

there are ways to kill it that's off menu/needing to unhook some sensors. that'll let you actually drift a tesla otherwise you can't on a regular basis. hopefully that doesn't become too mainstream

Comment

• Been eyeing the model S for a while (have plenty in my fun spending account but don't need a new car). I am curious to see what youtube reviews make of the yoke wheel (and maybe test drive but I am hesitant to test drive as I might decide to pull the trigger). I think the interior looks cool but I'm not sure about function and stalkless design. I am not usually a fan of touch screen controls.

Never understood why people would race on public streets. If you want to race go to a track. Obviously a fast car (or any car really) is like any other potentially dangerous object; it needs to be used responsibly.

Comment

Working...
                                X