X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tim
    replied
    Originally posted by CordMcNally View Post

They rarely issue an apology or correction these days and if they do it is typically buried.
    The clarification was published. I am sure not all ran the story.

Leave a comment:

• CordMcNally

• CordMcNally
    replied
    Originally posted by Nysoz View Post
    Since a lot of media blamed autopilot and it’s not the case are they going to issue an apology or correction?
    They rarely issue an apology or correction these days and if they do it is typically buried.

Leave a comment:

• Nysoz
    General Surgery

• Nysoz
    replied
    Yeah Tesla just needs to cooperate, but they also should have the opportunity to clarify/defend misleading/false statements or “journalism” that has jumped the gun and made assumptions.

Since a lot of media blamed autopilot and it’s not the case are they going to issue an apology or correction?

Leave a comment:

• Brains428
    Physician

• Brains428
    replied
    We are gonna agree to disagree on this one
    Kamban
    Physician
    Kamban. I don't know if there is anything to cover up, whether it be involuntary manslaughter by the runaway driver, or a system failure by Tesla. I think it's best to do the "we are sorry for the family. We are cooperating with and waiting for a full investigation by such and such regulatory agency" line.

Leave a comment:

• Kamban
    Physician

• Kamban
    replied
    Originally posted by Brains428 View Post
    Anyone find it interesting that Tesla is making statements about the crash, rather than await the full investigation. Legal 101- don't self incriminate.

They're waiting on recovery of the SD card for all the data.
    I am not sure how the SD card or a SSD could have survived that fire.

Tesla is willing to take a risk about being proven wrong, or has data on their servers that shows that there was no FSD and that AP was not engaged. So it was not a runaway Tesla, but someone actively driving it.

Audi had the sudden acceleration controversy in 1986 and had such bad publicity inducing a 60 minutes show and 6 drivers suing Audi, that caused Audi sales to plummet and not recover for more than a couple of decades and they lost market share to BMW and Mercedes. People stopped buying Audi. And the NHTSA found that it as all due to driver error, with the driver mistakenly pressing the accelerator instead of the brake. Tesla does not want to get caught in such a mistaken controversy and lose sales by keeping mum. So it has adopted the best strategy is to counter attack and put the blame on the other party.

Leave a comment:

• Molar Mechanic

• Molar Mechanic
    replied
    It seems they have two options. Be part of the investigation and keep their mouth shut publicly, or opt out of the investigation and let others control the narrative around the crash.

I'd wager they're taking the best path for their business, as perception is reality.

Leave a comment:

• Brains428
    Physician

• Brains428
    replied
    Anyone find it interesting that Tesla is making statements about the crash, rather than await the full investigation. Legal 101- don't self incriminate.

They're waiting on recovery of the SD card for all the data.

Leave a comment:

• Brains428
    Physician

• Brains428
    replied
    I've watched more episodes the past 2 years. Weekend update has gotten a lot better. The commercials and shorts are pretty funny. Here was one from this past year:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcEylCwkSxE

Leave a comment:

• xraygoggles
    Physician

• xraygoggles
    replied
    Originally posted by CordMcNally View Post

I'm sure it's to try to boost ratings. I'm not sure what SNL's ratings have been but it seems like most things on TV have had down ratings. I used to look forward to SNL but probably haven't watch an entire episode in over a decade.
    You don't need to watch it live. the Youtube channel has only the clips on it - it is very popular. I use it sometimes to pick and choose which clips to watch. The opening skits are usually top notch.

Leave a comment:

• CordMcNally

• CordMcNally
    replied
    Originally posted by Brains428 View Post
    Pretty odd pick for a host. There are a lot of well known people out there who wouldn't necessarily make great hosts.
    I'm sure it's to try to boost ratings. I'm not sure what SNL's ratings have been but it seems like most things on TV have had down ratings. I used to look forward to SNL but probably haven't watch an entire episode in over a decade.

Leave a comment:

• Kamban
    Physician

• Kamban
    replied
    SNL is a such a tired old show. I have stopped watching it. It needs a kick in the rear and something fresh

Elon will certainly draw viewers. I might watch his monologue on Youtube.

Leave a comment:

• Nysoz
    General Surgery

• Nysoz
    replied
    Originally posted by Lordosis View Post
    I heard Musk will host SNL. For some reason SNL is one of the few things I watch. (wife likes it) It should be interesting
    with musical guest Miley Cyrus. I’m calling it now cybertruck/wrecking ball gag of some sort

Leave a comment:

• Tim
    replied
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the...dy-bryant/amp/

Just going to be a blast.

Leave a comment:

• Brains428
    Physician

• Brains428
    replied
    Pretty odd pick for a host. There are a lot of well known people out there who wouldn't necessarily make great hosts.

I guess if they bring back Stuart Smalley and do what they did with MJ, that could be a good sketch. Not sure if Al Franken would be invited back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNx_gU57gQ4

Leave a comment:

• Lordosis
    Family Physician

• Lordosis
    replied
    Originally posted by burritos View Post

Probably a good break for him. Will all the things that he's juggling, his mid abdominal girth/insulin resistance seems to track at the pace of tesla's quarterly earning. Not trying to fat shame, but as an owner of the total stock market, his well being correlates with my financial well being. But then apple seems to have done fine without Jobs, as will BRK will without Buffett, BABA without Ma, AMZN without Bezos, and so forth.
    I googled it to make sure I heard it right and there seems to be a lot of strife with the decision to have him host.

Here is the first hit
    https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/25/opini...lah/index.html

He does speak his mind and is pretty kooky but I am surprised there would be so much controversy. Must have been a slow news day.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X